We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question regards renting a car in Varna/golden sands

9 posts
Save Topic
Question regards renting a car in Varna/golden sands

hello again,

Its so helpful all the info you provide me with I have last Q (as for now) ;

I may want to rent a car small one, Anyone knows rates for non-season time?

Is it SAFE to drive in Varna?

I have Waze, is it callibirated with Varna maps?

My mostly rutine will be from the golden sands to the center.

Any other tips regards parking lot? free parking space?

and any good rental service I can reffer to? I'll be located in the International hotel.

thanks

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question regards renting a car in Varna/golden sands

I am unable to recommend car hire in Varna. However it will not be expensive to rent.

Just one thing though. I think you mentioned in another post that the 409 bus goes from by your hotel ? This bus goes to Golden Sands and costs 3 lev from Varna. When you get off at GS you will see a road opp where the bus drops you off. Walk down there for a few minutes and it will take you to the strip.

May I ask why you wish to visit GS - There really will not be very much to do there unless you are going for business etc. I was there a few weeks ago and everywhere was starting to close.

If you do stay for a few nights try the Hotel Mac (if it is still open). It will be very cheap now if you book through booking.com You can see my review if you click on my profile.

Best,

Paul

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question regards renting a car in Varna/golden sands

i see you are staying at the international hotel golden sands its some walk to the bus stop if you are only going to varna some days you could just use a taxi i dont like driveing in bulgaria park in the wrong place and your cars gone pay a fine the other thing is what is free parking for some people is not free parking for others so best if you do hire a car pay to park its safer that way i know its early to say but if the weather turns bad you are not going to varna if ice and snow turns up the road becomes bad

3. Re: Question regards renting a car in Varna/golden sands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2015, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations
More Golden Sands Topics