We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaliakra palace

Barrow in Furness...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Kaliakra palace

hi all , booked the above for the 19th June , anyone been recently , never been to Bulgaria before so was wondering what food drink and ciggie prices are like and will it be hot

Thanks

Lynda x

Mentioned in this post
Steak House Krivata Lipa
$, Mediterranean, European
Steak House Old Oak Staria Dab
$$ - $$$, Steakhouse, Bar, Barbecue
Shipka Steak House
$$ - $$$, Steakhouse, Bar, International
Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaliakra palace

Good news all round ! Fags are about a quarter of the cost in the UK. A beer costs about a quid in GS although you can pay less. In Sunny Beach you can buy from 45p but the main strip in GS tends to charge a little more - around 3 lev.

Will it be hot ? Yes.

The resort is a decent one and a great place to holiday. Make sure you visit Varna for a day - There are regular buses and the cost is around 3 lev.

Best,

Paul

Mentioned in this post
Sunny Beach
Sunny Beach
Burgas Province, Bulgaria
Varna
Varna
Varna Province, Bulgaria
Barrow in Furness...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaliakra palace

Thanks for that

Can't wait

Lynda

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaliakra palace

stayed at the kaliakra palace 2 or 3 times last year stayed at the lillia as i will this year just along from the kaliakra good hotel right on the front by the sea every night i pass by their is something going on a lot of steps going up from the beach come out of the hotel turn left you will see a bar one part restrunt next part cake type bar called the white lady large beer two lev i go their most days for lunch watch the sea watch the world go by in golden sands change money in the hotel most give good rates if not a good rate go in to another hotel and change their dont change on the street dont rely on cards their is a bank you can not miss it their will be lots of people stood outside their is also a machine that changes english notes to lev good rate get a safty deposit box at the hotel always best to be on the safe side

come out of the hotel turn right and it takes you to the center club land ect the noddy train stops right out side your hotel

food hotel food in bulgaria is never realy good that is why most of us that go ofton only go B&B

you may like the food its just so cheap to eat out i eat in a diffrent place every night dont want to miss anything a meal for three of us with beers can cost from 25 lev to 100 lev depending whear we go costs more near the front less as you go back costs more if there is a show bar ect

but i take it at the kaliakra you will be all in the beer at the all ins is not always the best tends to be the cheaper stuff not always a coke in a bar will cost 2 lev a beer will cost 2 lev you start the children drinking beer young i dont smoke but my son inlaw dose whear here at home you buy 20 cigs last year their he would go to the shop and get 200 each time thats how cheap they are i got 250 gramms of tobaco at the airport so not the cheapest place to buy from and it cost 34 euros

if you go to varna get a taxi 50 lev return drop you by McDonalds pick you up later or drop you at the varna mall you can walk to the grand mall from there if their are 4 of you thats 24 lev return bus you may have to stand its hell on a bus for a hour no one will tell you any thing get a taxi you have someone that will tell all you need to know pick you up from the hotel drop you back at the hotel pay when you are back come out of the kaliakra turn left walk passed the white lady you will see the hotel metropol if you look left up the lane you will see the hotel bolero in that lane area that is whear a group of taxis hang out you will find drivers that speak english their goldey speaks english and kiro speaks english

i needed two taxis i just said to him i want two taxis he just called another one up fore me

if you carry on pasted the metropol next hotel lillia you come to a small super market and a street shoping area you can get all bits sweets ect ciggs in the supermarket

their is a McDonalds in golden sands it costs a lot less to use the McDonalds in varna

bulgaria is very nice its not like spain or turkey a common saying when thing are not quite right is this bulgaria meaning its just the way it is no point getting unhappy about it

as i say i use the white lady if one of my party wants a pan cake from the next shop the staff in the white lady will go and get it for you thats what they are like

i am going in aug i first went in about 1994 and i still like it you will have a good time

and yes it will be hot gets a bit cool at night not cold just cool in june that is

Barrow in Furness...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaliakra palace

Thanks for that

Can't wait

Lynda

5. Re: Kaliakra palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2016, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations
More Golden Sands Topics