We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation in the off season...

toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation in the off season...

I'm planning on soloing the full JDF trail October 6-10 coming up. I'll be driving but I've been looking in to transportation to get a lift from one end to the next either at the beginning or end.

The only solution I've been able to come up with at this point is hitch hiking, which I'd prefer not to do by myself. Anyone have any other suggestions? Or you think I'm pretty safe hitching it by myself?

3 replies to this topic
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation in the off season...

I googled and found this website for bus service

West Coast Trail Express

http://www.trailbus.com/

I would look into this before hitch hiking.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,677 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation in the off season...

WCTE finishes their season this Friday September 30 and since OP is travelling the week after hitching is the only option.

Yes hitching is safe I pick up people all the time-my concern would be the weather.

JDF trail has some quite rough spots that can be problematic in wet weather-check for details with the Good Folks @ Club Tread

www.clubtread.com/sforum/forum.asp…

Edited: 29 September 2011, 09:56
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,488 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation in the off season...

I second Sam's comments on hitchhiking. Lots of folks seem to do it, though he kindly picks people up and me, not so much.

You might try going to the Coastal Kitchen restaurant in Renfrew and ask around for a ride.

Reply to: Transportation in the off season...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Renfrew