We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

mibms
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

What is the current exchange rate? Would it be better to change the money at home or wait until we get down there and change it.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

We find its better to use the ATM as they give the best exchange rate, second would be to exchange your monay at your bank before leaving.

Calgary,Ab Canada
Level Contributor
477 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

I would buy from your bank in Cda. I did and got good rate. We exchanged in Jan at resort US Tchq to Peso and didnt' think we got good deal. From other posts if you are Cdn then you can use bank card and direct WD from your Cdn account and it seemed that the person got good deal even with the $5. interac fee. Going again in 30 days to GBP Coba and so excited. When my Pesos come in I'll let you know exchange rate. I ordered $200. Cdn worth

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

Mibms, as you can see by this graph. The exchange rate between one Can.$ to Mx Peso is 0.084

www.x-rates.com/d/CAD/MXN/graph120.html

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

I ordered my pesos today and the currency exchanged charged me .875 per peso. I bought $750 Canadian worth and I recieved 8571 pesos. This should cover my girlfriend and I for the week for tours, souveniers, food & drinks off resort, transportation, and tips. If not then I'll just make up the difference from an ATM.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

Sorry it should have read .0875 exchange.

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

Came back from Mexico yesterday. I exchanged 150 CND to MX at TD before we left, and got the rate of 9.5 peso to 1 canadian. We withdrew money from the resort ATM and got 11.57 peso per can dollar (plus $3 atm fee). Also changed money in Akumal (TSA Cambio) and got 10.5 peso per dollar.

So based on my experience, the most advantageous way is via the local ATM. Hope that helps!

Montreal
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

Exchanged 200 CAD for exactly 2000 pesos at National Bank yesterday. Seems its pretty much 1CAD for 10 pesos everywhere here in Montreal

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Calgary,Ab Canada
Level Contributor
477 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

Got my Peso's today from the Bank 2210 Pesos for $198.51. I thought a great rate. Now I work for the bank so maybe my rate was better than most.

11.13 peso to the Cdn $$

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

According to xe.com, today the rate is 11.7286. If your Canadian bank deducts 3.4% (which I observed from experience recently with TD Bank), then you'd be getting roughly 11.33 pesos to the C$ at a Mexican ATM.

10. Re: Exchange Rate - CDN to Peso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 07:18