We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ABR late April or early July?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
208 reviews
Save Topic
ABR late April or early July?

Hi there, this is our first time to Mexico or any all inclusive. I've been devouring all the great info on this forum and I think we've settled on ABR for the turtles and snorkeling off the beach.

I'm celebrating my 40th birthday July 4th and was originally planning to go July 1-8 to celebrate there, but I'm seeing a great rate in late April so trying to decide whether it's important to be there right on my birthday, or save some money and possibly have better weather in April.

Our main goal is snorkeling every day. Just wondering if you have any advice about the weather in April or July that would help make our decision. We'd prefer it to be less hot & humid, but it seems to only vary about 2 degrees between April/July. Are the restaurants bearable in July or hot & stuffy? I've also seen higher winds common in April and rain more common in July but not sure whether that would impact our plans.

Any advice on the dates would be appreciated. We'd save $400 by booking in April, but wouldn't be there on my birthday. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ABR late April or early July?

If you don't like humid don't go in July. I was there a few summers back and it's just gross, you can't get away from the heat. If you can get a good deal in April I say grab it.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,590 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ABR late April or early July?

I love April in the area. By late April it should have quieted down. That would be my choice.

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ABR late April or early July?

We have been there twice in August. We were lucky the weather was not rainy. Some days were overcast which made it cool.

As long as you are around the water, it is comfortable. The ocean breeze in the restaurants makes them fine too. The only time we were really uncomfortable was when we went shopping. Away from the breeze it was very hot & humid. (Can be in April too! Plan shopping trips for early in the day.)

new jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ABR late April or early July?

April by far is a better month. We have been at both times and we continue to return in April. Towards the end of April you will have less crowds as well as less humidity.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ABR late April or early July?

Thanks so much for the feedback, it sounds like April is the way to go. Smaller crowds are appealing too.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ABR late April or early July?

Only problem with late April is I will be there (smile)

Although I have been known to answer 1 or 2 questions

Please join our April roll call as we have a few events happening including an auction to help the local library

Edited: 26 February 2015, 10:52
7. Re: ABR late April or early July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2016, 14:17