We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peak District where to stay in September

england
Level Contributor
917 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Peak District where to stay in September

hi it will be my daughters 25th in September and she wants us all to stay in the Peak district however we have no idea where to stay!

there will be 5 of us all adults - me (mum) my 2 daughters aged 22 and 25 plus the boyfriends same age

looking for somewhere where there are things to do in the evenings - not nightclubs they not into that

holiday parks are a good option

any advise greatly appreciated

Thank you

7 replies to this topic
Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,754 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peak District where to stay in September

There are some good hotels in the Peak Park but cannot think of anywhere that has many things to do in the evening. I'd suggest consider staying in a town or city like Chesterfield or Sheffield and travelling into Eyam, Bakewell, Chatsworth and so forth from there.

Others may have better ideas.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peak District where to stay in September

There are no holiday parks in the Peak District itself, but there are a few on the outskirts - see https:/…lodges-statics-and-holiday-parks and https:/…derbyshire.

If you stay elsewhere, be aware that there are very few places in the Peak District where there is something to do in the evening other than go to the local pub !

I therefore think you need to find out exactly why your daughter wants to stay in the Peak District and tell us what exactly what it is that you would like to do in the evening, as it may be better to stay in one of the surrounding towns and commute in.

P-t-B

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peak District where to stay in September

Try The Nightingale Centre in Great Hucklow - www.thenightingalecentre.org.uk. The centre has rooms of various sizes, including a bunk room.

Edited: 28 July 2017, 17:45
Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peak District where to stay in September

http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/hartington-hall

A bit further south, Youth Hostel with good standard individual rooms available. Lovely setting in attractive village. Large lounges for your own activities, traditional family games, pool, football table, outdoor chess.

Several cycle tracks from converted railways nearby.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peak District where to stay in September

Sheffield might be better option as you can commute into the Peak District easily whilst having the benefits of staying in a large city with lots to do.

uk
Level Contributor
272 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peak District where to stay in September

Try Sandybrook Country Park 1 mile outside Ashbourne, 5* lodges with pool.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
949 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peak District where to stay in September

The Monsall Head pub has acccomodation with brilliant views, Also sure that one or two of the pubs in Eyam have accomodation. Also Alfreton has a Travelodge or what about staying in Matlock? Or Bakewell.

Reply to: Peak District where to stay in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ashbourne