We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seems like a million years ago......

North Carolina
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Seems like a million years ago......

My mom was born in Findlay many years ago. She married my dad, who was in the Navy, so we traveled a lot!!!! I finally got to Findlay in the early 70's to visit some family. My mom took my to Dietsch Brothers for the best ice cream I've ever had but before we went there, we had a hamburger and milkshake at some restaurant that had an actual working soda fountain!!! I remember sitting up at the bar and watching them make the old fashioned milkshakes. Can anybody tell me the name of that place and whether it's still open or not? Any help would be great!!!! 😁

5 replies to this topic
cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seems like a million years ago......

www.findlay200plus.com: look through there and see if anything computes. It's a special bicentennial newspaper edition about Findlay. Dietsch is there(and they're still in business) - didn't have time to read it all.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seems like a million years ago......

Fantastic! Thank u for the response. I will definitely take a look!!!!

Kennesaw, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seems like a million years ago......

Wilsons

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
10,015 posts
2,978 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seems like a million years ago......

had an actual working soda fountain

---

Glad the question is resolved.

We really enjoy the quaint "working soda fountain" restaurants on our road trips and use TripAdvisor to locate.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seems like a million years ago......

I'm excited that it's still there. I haven't been to one since going to Wilson's! 😁

Reply to: Seems like a million years ago......
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Findlay