We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holt

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Holt

Hi.

We have never been to Norfolk and wondered if Holt was a good place for a holiday.

We would like to be near pubs and restaurants and shops so not too rural.

Or if anyone can suggest anywhere in that area that you think would suit our needs we would be grateful.

Thank you.

17 replies to this topic
moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Holt

Hi to you both.

We will still visit Holt it sounds very nice..

Haha fish & Chips, we own a fish & chip restaurant in Spain but we do still like to try although finding a good one in UK we have found difficult.

I appreciate you taking time to tell me about the area, we are there for 5 nights so hope to see some lovely areas.

It will be nice to go to a different part of the country.

Thank you again and still look forward to any more recommendations.

Gail

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Holt

Yes, I agree with you about fish and chips.Few shops seem to know how to cook them properly. There are two fish and chip shops side by side on Wells Quay, French's and Platen's. French's gets the best recommendations but I personally prefer Platen's. Very oddly, the best fish and chips ever are to be found at a greasy spoon sort of place on Heacham South Beach car park, but that's much out of your way and like any other such place, they may have changed hands.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Holt

I think Coltishall is a good choice but just want to point out that it has a "twin" village across the bridge - Horstead, which although smaller has a highly recommended pub and is worth checking out.

london
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Holt

Coltishall is a pretty little place - I often stop for coffee and a snack at The River Rooms, excellent place

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
555 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Holt

Fish and Chips ? Number One , overlooking the pier in Cromer must NOT be missed.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev…

Edited: 13 February 2017, 00:10
moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Holt

Thank you everyone, it looks like we have chosen a lovely place.

Wish we were going sooner but have a Devon holiday first in May then Norfolk at the beginning of September.

Sounds like there are lovely little villages.

Thanks.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Holt

I would definitely visit Norfolk for the Broads. The villages around the Broads such as Salhouse & Rackheath will give peaceful surrounding to stay in the numerous holiday lets. Easy access to Wroxham which has shopping galore, great restaurants and pubs. Hire a day boat & visit many of the pubs by the waterside while enjoying the totally laid back feeling of being on holiday in a truly fantastic place.

Cycling around this part of Norfolk is good too because it is very flat.

Enjoy your visit & I hope it helps.

Reply to: Holt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holt
Recent Conversations