We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burlington Hotel

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Burlington Hotel

Sad news for all you Burlington Hotel (not Burlington Berties) fans. Steve the owner is due for retirement and just been granted planning permission to redevelop the hotel accommodation into luxury flats. The ground floor will be turned into a restaurant; I'm not sure if he will have an interest in this. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish him much success with this project and a happy retirement.

6 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
28,173 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burlington Hotel

Drat.

After the loss of The Grand, the Burlington was the best Hotel for being near the sea. Think the Sherringham/whatever/Council have done the town a disfavour, with this one......

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burlington Hotel

A big shame but the town has to move with the times I suppose. Sheringham will be running low on hotels when this goes ahead. Visitors are increasing year on year and now the town will require some fresh accommodation; but where ??

Essex
Level Contributor
28,173 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burlington Hotel

But no point being by the seaside, beside the sea, unless you ARE by the sea...

Tthe Council have shot themselves/everyone in the foot with this one, IMNSHO.....

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burlington Hotel

Most probably but that's North Norfolk District Council for you. You know the saying 'every penny counts'. At least they'll have more money for unnecessary road works next holiday season.

northallerto
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burlington Hotel

Has the Burlington Hotel really closed down? I have just read Bill Brysons The road to little dribbling , and he has stayed at the burlington many times .

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burlington Hotel

Not many people want to saty in seaside hotels these days. They are in decline nearly everywhere Self catering accomodation is far more popular

Reply to: Burlington Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sheringham
Recent Conversations