We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New years eve in cowes

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New years eve in cowes

Does anyone know details of what's planned for cowes on NYE? Love cowes, but never been on NYE?

3 replies to this topic
Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
447 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New years eve in cowes

Way early on this ?.

Ealing, London
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New years eve in cowes

There will almost certainly be a major event at Cowes Yacht Haven for which they'll be a charge. It normally features 80's music. There's a new bar type establishment themed around 60's located next to the Vectis which may be open in time.

Most pubs will have some form of music event and whilst ticket events are common in many cities to keep out troublemakers, revellers in Cowes are free to move from pub to pub with many donning fancy dress.

However the best party, featuring mainly but not exclusively retro music, will be at the Union Inn. It was great fun on NYE 2015 as was the final night of Cowes week.. How do i know.? Because I am that mature but pretty succesful DJ who doesn't over-use his own voice but plays top quality music that people want to hear.

I don't charge as the Union & its regulars made me welcome when I first acquired a bolthole on the island so its my way of repaying ttheir friendship.It's that sort of pub.

Whether we see you at the Union or not, you'll enjoy your New Year's Eve in Cowes.

Mentioned in this post
Cowes
Cowes
Isle of Wight, UK
The Union Inn
The Union Inn
154 Reviews
Isle of Wight, UK
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New years eve in cowes

Apologies for my late response - Many, many thanks for your reply, you have reassured me that we have made the right choice for this year.and we will join you for some disco tunes in the union!!! Thanks again

Reply to: New years eve in cowes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cowes