We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cleethorpes pleasure island

sheffield england
Level Contributor
819 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
cleethorpes pleasure island

Our grand children are asking us to take them to pleasure island later in the holidays. i have found some reasonably priced 'deals' but am wondering exactly what we can do while they are in there enjoying the rides. our days of fairground rides are done and they are all big enough to take themselves off and queue for rides, as long as we are around somewhere. i don't fancy standing around waiting for them on every ride. any ideas??

7 replies to this topic
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cleethorpes pleasure island

Hi , if you are planning on going to pleasure island there is lots of places to sit and even a pub at the entrance to the park , if you are not planning on paying to go into pleasure island then you could park there see them in and go for a walk round the boating lake (10 min walk away) have lunch in the cafe or maybe go to the cinema across the road from the boating lake ! The this is grimsby website has discount voucher valid till end of august or they do also expect tesco clubcard deals. Have a good day !

sheffield england
Level Contributor
819 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cleethorpes pleasure island

thank you, will look for the voucher codes and go from there. do you happen to know how to get from the railway station to pleasure island, looking at the map it seems as if it is quite a long walk

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cleethorpes pleasure island

Yes I wouldn't walk its about 2 mile , a bus or taxi would be your best bet !

sheffield england
Level Contributor
819 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cleethorpes pleasure island

will have a look for the buses. we should get free travel for ourselves being pensioners!!

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cleethorpes pleasure island

There used to be a RoadTrain that used to run along the front, but not sure if it still runs.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: cleethorpes pleasure island

Ha yes bus number 17 runs from near the pier to outside pleasure island or number 9 I think from the high street , the road train only runs from the pier to the leisure centre as far as I'm aware x

sheffield england
Level Contributor
819 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cleethorpes pleasure island

thanks for that. will check out the timetables.

Reply to: cleethorpes pleasure island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cleethorpes
Recent Conversations