We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

I booked 2 rooms thru this site hotelreservations.com and was told there would be no penalty if I cancelled prior to a certain date. I did cancel on time yet they deducted the rooms charges and repaid one room only. I have sent them 4 written requests for full reimbursement with no reply. I cannot get hold f anyone on the phone...automatic call centre all he way. Very frustrating and not happy at all. Can somebody please assist me?

14 replies to this topic
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

Thanks, I am really being careful as I make my plan today. Appreciate the warning.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

Sage advice. I will use it. I like to go back thru the posts to refresh my memory and keep me on my toes

1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

I will never use hotelreservations.com again either, they are horrible! I booked my husband a hotel room yesterday for 2 nights, & they charged us twice, 2 separate charges of $173!! I was just on the phone with them for 45 minutes & the guy was a complete idiot, no help at all. first he said we were not charged twice, he put me on hold several different times trying to get a hold of the hotel, then he came back on the phone and said that yes we were charged twice by third-party error, but that they can only refund us for one night and not two. I blew up at that point and insisted on speaking to a supervisor, I had asked for a supervisor earlier in the conversation and he told me no one was available. He said he was putting me on hold and his supervisor was coming, and no one ever came to the phone! I was on the phone for over 45 minutes & I finally hung up!! They’re horrible!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

RESERVATION.COM ... SCAM ARTISTS ... That’s what this site really is! It’s now 2018, and they still charge $ 15 US for a fee that IS NOT refundable in the event you cancel a res.! I made the room res. with the hotel, directly, and saved US $ 32 for additional fees that those scammers would have charge me. Even though, I called the reservation.com, I could not get a full refund. I keep my fingers crossed for the actual room cost refund, which is sybject to my credit card rating, and 13-15 days wait period. AMAZING!

Edited: 12 April 2018, 01:40
Reply to: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mason