We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area Questions

Hinton,WV
Level Contributor
56 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Area Questions

If I'm going to Lebanon and Kings Island Only,will I have to worry about Cincinnati and City Driving?

What is the atmosphere like at Kings Island? Gang or rough crowds?

What will the crowds be like at Kings Island during the Tennis Tournament?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area Questions

You can take I-275 around Cincinnati to get to Kings Island but you may encounter much congestion on the streets of Mason. If you are also visiting Lebanon, it is a very quaint little town with wonderful restaurants and shops. It is also home to the Golden Lamb an outstanding Inn and restaurant.

Level Contributor
2,716 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Area Questions

Driving through town via 71 is the quickest and easiest way. In your case, 471 to 71. traffic is often fine except rush hours. The only other option is from Maysville KY take US 68 north to state route 123 west to Lebanon. You really have to keep an eye out for the signs though because it is anything but a straight shot in.

Crowds at Kings Island will be many families, kids and teens. Even some elderly. Nothing to worry about. Great security and friendly people. It is said Kings Island is the largest seasonal theme park in the nation. That said, yes, there will be crowds.

Lebanon is in fact a great town and the Golden Lamb is a must in town. Be sure to self tour the different floors to read some of the rooms history with ghost and past visitors.

By the way. Love your home town. Very scenic and laid back.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Area Questions

Another vote for the Golden Lamb, but go when the main dining room is open, I've been there when only the Tavern was open and didn't think it was as good. It's Ohio's oldest hotel (since 1803) and their rooms are old-fashioned. You can walk through the hotel and unoccupied rooms have open doors so you can peer in.

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area Questions

Question 1: You didn't say which route you're coming in on, so it depends on how you come in from Beckley. If you use 77 to 64, you can exit 64 and connect to the AA Highway which will dead end into the I-275 beltway. Go north on I-275 to 71 to the Mason area - this avoids driving downtown. You may also take 77 to US 32 westbound which will also bring you into I-275 then go north to 71 - again avoiding downtown.

Question 2: the Mason area is 25 miles northeast of Downtown Cincy; is suburban; is an upscale community of homes in the $250000 and up variety(P&G just announced its moving its whole R&D to their complex there). The tennis complex is on the Jack Nicholas designed golf course with Kings Island/Great Wolf Lodge on the other/ east side of 71 well away from the city of Mason.

Question 3: the tennis tournament is an adult oriented event with few kids in attendance so other than making accommodations more difficult to find, it has very little impact on KI.

If you're coming to KI during the tournament, you may find it cheaper with better availability to check in the Blue Ash area for a motel. This area is a 15 minute drive from KI. Blue Ash has a huge business community which is served by a large number of motels for business travelers that are largely empty on weekends, will be cheaper than Mason area accommodations closer to the events and venues, and you're more likely to find a nice room.

Hope this helps.

5. Re: Area Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2016, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Mason