We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chapman Point

dallas
Level Contributor
483 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Chapman Point

I have seen many pictures taken from Chapman Point, but can't find how to get to it. Please help.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chapman Point

If you Google Chapman Point, OR, you'll see it's in John Yeon State Park in Cannon Beach. Then Google for directions to the state park from Cannon Beach and you'll get turn by turn directions.

Mentioned in this post
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
2,123 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,020 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chapman Point

I did that and found, confusingly, the Yeon Park in the Columbia R. Gorge! What am I doing wrong? Are there two named after him?

www.google.com/webhp…

Edited: 27 May 2011, 10:35
dallas
Level Contributor
483 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chapman Point

The same thing happened to me! I have googled many different things and only come up with pictures or park in the Columbia Gorge.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chapman Point

http://tinyurl.com/44g7rsx

try this link

Did you both spell out "John Yeon State Park in Cannon Beach?"

I just went through the same Googling instructions I gave before and had no problem finding it. But, then, I'm an Oregon Duck!

Mentioned in this post
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
2,123 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
Oregon
Oregon
United States
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,364 posts
1,104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chapman Point

It's north of town. Google - Chapman Point Cannon Beach - or just click on oregonpoppa's link :-)

Video of it:

www.facebook.com/video/video.php…

Mentioned in this post
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
Oregon Coast, OR
Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chapman Point

I guess my Google is bigger than theirs

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
104 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chapman Point

Go top the top left on this page. In the search area put in Cannon Beach, Oregon. On the right of the CB page is a small map of CB. Click on view larger map of CB. When that opens, zoom in. John Yeon SP is between Ecola state park and Ecola Creek. I think the point of the Yeon Park is Chapman Point. I do not see any access to this though. You can access the beach just north of there (Crescent Beach) at low tide. Hi tide cuts of Chapman Point.

I think you will find some of the best veiws to photograph are more accessible from Ecola State Park at Ecola Point. This is a day use fee park. Worth it. There are pinic tables and rest rooms; great place for a picnic. Take your binoculars to watch the bird and possibly sealife on the rocks below.You can go further on down to Indian Beach where I have heard part of Twilight was filmed.

Another great phot spot is to go to Les Shirley Park on the north side of Ecola Creek, and walk out on the grassy dunes. It is elevated from the beach and you get great views of Haystack Rock and Tillamook Lighthouse. Some of my fav photos of haystack are with the waving grass in the foreground.

I am sure if you went to the visitor center in town they would be able to help you see if you can actually get out to Chapman Point.

Mentioned in this post
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
Oregon Coast, OR
Ecola State Park
Ecola State Park
1,614 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
Ecola Creek Lodge
Ecola Creek Lodge
275 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
Haystack Rock
Haystack Rock
2,734 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
Tillamook
Tillamook
Oregon Coast, OR
dallas
Level Contributor
483 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chapman Point

Thanks. I can't wait to visit your beautiful coast!

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,020 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chapman Point

I had Googled "John Yeon State Park, OR", with no "Cannon Beach".

With CB, yep, shows up.

Otherwise, only one "sorta" mention on the first Google page of the one in CB. The others were of the one in the Gorge.

Will have to waddle to it next time there. Looks lovely.

Edited: 27 May 2011, 21:34
Mentioned in this post
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
2,123 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
10. Re: Chapman Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Cannon Beach