We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to rent for only one Friday night in September...

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need to rent for only one Friday night in September...

My daughter is turning thirty on 9/9/11 and will be coming from out of town and only has one day/night we can spend at her favorite beach. Does anyone know of a place we can rent that we can check in early in the day before noon and stay just that one Friday night? Would be great if it is in the walking area of town where the shops and restaurants are located. Thank you.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,016 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to rent for only one Friday night in September...

Rent what, a house? Motel?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to rent for only one Friday night in September...

well I was thinking a house or cottage just because I don't think hotels will let you check in before noon but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to rent for only one Friday night in September...

Your daughter and my wife share the same birthday!

Besides the early check-in, the problem you'll be facing is that most Cannon Beach lodgings will require 2-night minimum stays. So your best hope might be to call places you like directly rather than try and book on-line. I suspect you'll have the same issue with a home/cottage, and if you did find something available, there would likely be a $100+ cleaning fee involved, even though it's only the one night.

Besides the usually recommended beachfront hotels, places I'd suggest you check are Sea Sprite Guest Lodgings - http://seasprite.com/ - and Cannon Beach Hotel Lodgings - www.cannonbeachhotellodgings.com/index.asp . Good luck!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to rent for only one Friday night in September...

We've found a place at the Waves. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Level Contributor
37,667 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need to rent for only one Friday night in September...

Let us know how you like The Waves and enjoy your time in Cannon Beach! :)

6. Re: Need to rent for only one Friday night in September...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Cannon Beach