We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in chosing a campground PLEASE!

Redding, Ca
2 posts
Save Topic
Help in chosing a campground PLEASE!

My friend and I are staying in Coos Bay middle/late July. We want to stay at a campground. There are a few choices. While searching for info on the campgrounds, I've noticed a few talking about riding the dunes. Our three main concerns are

1. We'd like someplace with out that type of noise.

2. Safty of us and our tent/equipment while we are not there in the day time.

3. Cost. We are on a budjet.

Also, somewhere close to the ocean was the original goal. (I'd like to hike around the campsite, but that's not as important.)

Mentioned in this post
Coos Bay
Coos Bay
Oregon Coast, OR
Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,082 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in chosing a campground PLEASE!

Sunset Bay seems a no-brainer. It's miles from the dunes recreation area, VERY near the ocean and there is plenty of hiking in the area.

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_100.php

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in chosing a campground PLEASE!

Be careful not to stay at Spinreel. That's dune buggy central as far as campgrounds are concerned.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,351 posts
1,104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help in chosing a campground PLEASE!

There's also Bastendorff Beach county campground, but not sure if they take reservations.

Redding, Ca
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help in chosing a campground PLEASE!

Thank you for your help so far! I forgot to mention that we are reliant on public transit. I've looked on the websites for both public transit systems available in Coos Bay. But I'm still a bit confused by them. Sometimes I'll look up someplace with Coos Bay as the address and it'll say "just __ miles from Coos Bay". So basically we're looking for someplace we can get to on the public transit.

Mentioned in this post
Coos Bay
Coos Bay
Oregon Coast, OR
5. Re: Help in chosing a campground PLEASE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Coos Bay
More Coos Bay Topics