We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great dinner in Gearhart, OR

Level Contributor
39,483 posts
1,021 reviews
Great dinner in Gearhart, OR

We spent some time in the gorgeous, coastal town of Gearhart yesterday. We had dinner at the Pacific Way Bakery and Cafe. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal in the area. They are not open on Tues. or Wed. but are open for lunch and dinner on other days. Cheers! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
21. Re: Great dinner in Gearhart, OR

Couldn't agree more with you Mtngrl. If I had to choose between the coast and central Oregon, I'm not sure where I'd end up. Then there's the Wallowas in NE and the Steens in SE; just too many choices, each with beauty all its own.

Thanks for the compliment on the pic. You might recognize it as Black Butte, taken from the meadow of Black Butte Ranch, where we spent last week. Since I remember reading you enjoy hiking, I probably don't need to tell you that the wild flowers in high alpine meadows around there are unbelievably beautiful this year. They made hauling the camera along worthwhile.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,935 posts
102 reviews
22. Re: Great dinner in Gearhart, OR

Ahhh, yes, I should have known! Especially since we hiked to the top of it last year, lol! We just hiked to the top of the South Sister (3rd highest mountain in Oregon as you probably well know) last week. I am a terrible photographer, but I actually took a couple of decent pictures on the summit and also of a few wildflowers on our way back down. It is amazing how they can grow in small areas where there is literally no other vegetation and only scree. We are hoping to get back to the Wallowas for a weekend next month for more hiking.

Level Contributor
39,483 posts
1,021 reviews
23. Re: Great dinner in Gearhart, OR

Wow! Gearhart is alive and well with tourist season in full swing. We arrived at the Pacific Way Bakery & Cafe for dinner at 8:00 and the place was full. We walked down on the gorgeous beach while we awaited our 8:30 dinner reservation.

Dinner was wonderful, as always here. We shared the Pacific Salmon which was baked and topped with red curry sauce served with Asian slaw with sambal vinaigrette and steamed rice. We also had the fresh green garden salad with creamy gorgonzola dressing. Very good. For desserts we had the chocolate lava cake and the marionberry crisp with vanilla bean ice cream. Ambiance is wonderful with Pink Martini (a local Portland group) playing as background music. A must for anyone looking for a great meal on the northern coast. Cheers! :)

24. Re: Great dinner in Gearhart, OR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2005, 06:12
25. Re: Great dinner in Gearhart, OR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2005, 19:05
Maine
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
26. Re: Great dinner in Gearhart, OR

Just curious... what's going on here? No one need answer unless they want to. Been reading a couple different threads between the same people, maybe I'm slow but I don't get it. Why are posts removed?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,935 posts
102 reviews
27. Re: Great dinner in Gearhart, OR

To explain it would create more posts to disappear, lol! If you want the nitty gritty then I can email it to you. It is actually quite entertaining!

Get answers to your questions about Gearhart
Recent Conversations