We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drift Creek Falls?? I

winston salem, nc
Level Contributor
226 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Drift Creek Falls?? I

I hav read the reviews and looked at the pics and the path looks smooth and wide. I am mobility impaired and use a motorized scooter. If it has not been raining and the path is dry , not muddy , do you think it would be accessible?? TIA

If not can you recommend any places around the Oregon coaST that is?? I will be staying in Newport.

Thanks so much !!

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Oregon Coast, OR
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drift Creek Falls?? I

I've only been there once a few years ago and from what I remember, I dont think I'd recommend drift creek falls. Perhaps others would know better.

South beach State Park has a nice bike/paved trail through the shore pine

oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm…

Ona Beach State park also has some nice paved/ADA trails ( apparently it was recently renamed to Brian Booth State Park)

Mentioned in this post
South Beach State Park
South Beach State Park
226 Reviews
Newport, OR
Corvallis, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drift Creek Falls?? I

At the north end of Newport is the Yaquina Head Lighthouse Outstanding Natural Area. Their website says it's ADA wheelchair accessible. Not sure it that fits your requirements. If so, here's the link:

https:/…safety-and-access

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Oregon Coast, OR
Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drift Creek Falls?? I

Yaquina Head is usually not the most interesting of the lighthouses but it is very nice with a beautiful view and very easy access for those who have limited mobility.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
161 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drift Creek Falls?? I

Just confirming Chinook Girl;s thought on the Drift Creek Falls Trail. I hiked the trail when there had not been rain in a good while and there were still some muddy spots on the tail. Even without the mud, I would not be close to recommending that trail as "accessible." Nice trail, but I really do not think it is navigable by scooter.

Mentioned in this post
Drift Creek Falls Trail
Drift Creek Falls Trail
193 Reviews
Oregon Coast, OR
winston salem, nc
Level Contributor
226 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drift Creek Falls?? I

Thank you so much for your help 11

6. Re: Drift Creek Falls?? I

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2018, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City