We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland - one night in April

1 post
1 review
Portland - one night in April

Hi,

We are travelling from San Francisco to Seattle and stopping for one night in Portland on the way through. It’s for 2 adults and 3 children. Any recommends of places / areas to stay.

5 replies to this topic
Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
309 reviews
1. Re: Portland - one night in April

The biggest draw is the Pearl District which is at the North end of downtown.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,645 posts
1,112 reviews
2. Re: Portland - one night in April

Are you stopping somewhere else before Portland? If not, you need to re-check your maps as it's many hours' drive from San Francisco to Portland -- something on the order of 11 hours.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Portland - one night in April

Are you looking for just a place to stay, or something to do when you get here?

As you know, it is a long trip from SF to PDX. I am assuming that this means you may simply be looking for a place to sleep.

You could stop south of Portland at the Crown Plaza (I-5 at Hwy 217.) If you wanted to drive a bit further, you could go as far at Jantzen Beach (right across from the Washington boarder) and stay the Red Lion.

I would not waste money staying downtown or in The Pearl, if you simply want a place to sleep and then move on the next morning.

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
309 reviews
4. Re: Portland - one night in April

We could use some clarification. What are the objectives of a stopping point ? Portland is far from a midway point which would be Grants Pass (San Francisco to Seattle)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,645 posts
1,112 reviews
5. Re: Portland - one night in April

I agree. If you just want a roughly halfway overnight resting place, it's not Portland. Medford, Grants Pass, and Canyonville all have plenty of accommodations.

Reply to: Portland - one night in April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted