We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey With 15, 17, and 21 year old

Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Hershey With 15, 17, and 21 year old

So is there enough to do for the 15-21 year old age range? We have never been and were thinking of a few days this summer. Mainly they would like a really nice (big) hotel with lots to do, and I'd like to know if the Hershey Park would be of interest to them. We were hoping for some spa treatments including massages because my younger two are boys and aren't interested in the mani/pedi/facials that seem to be offered everywhere. Anyone know if there is a spa around that offers other services for teens? Also, any suggestions on other things to do in the area would be great!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hershey
Hershey
Pennsylvania
4 replies to this topic
Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
453 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey With 15, 17, and 21 year old

HI! We're locals but my kids are about the same ages (16, 18, 22). The best "big hotels" are the Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge. Both have things to do and checking out their sites is probably the best bet to see which is a better fit.

It sounds like you're planning to come in the summer. If so, the Hotel has a large outdoor water complex; however, if you're coming before that is open, the Lodge has a new indoor water complex.

The Lodge has more "fun" food options on site and within walking distance but the property at the Hotel is much nicer.

Regarding Hersheypark, it's a great place for all ages. If you like rides, there are all sorts from mild to wild. There is also a zoo that is part of the park and a variety of shows.

The Hotel has a very nice spa on site but you have to be 18 to truly enjoy the experience.(They do have for younger, but it's a completely different experience.) If I read right, the younger two are boys and not necessarily interested in spa, so you're looking for other activities. There is a place called "Adventure Sports" not far away. Check that out. There are also places within 30 minutes, like Sky Zone, etc.

You might also want to look at the concerts coming to Hershey this summer, either to find one you like or to avoid the crowds that come during those times.

I hope this helps! Ask if you have other questions.

Mentioned in this post
Hershey
Hershey
Pennsylvania
Hershey Lodge
Hershey Lodge
3,042 Reviews
Hershey, PA
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey With 15, 17, and 21 year old

There are plenty of rides, shows, and water attractions to occupy your kids at Hersheypark. The Hersheypark website is a great source of information. Have your kids check out the the section on rides so they can see which rides would be of interest to them. Hersheypark is currently running a great discount deal on admission tickets. Through March 16, tickets are only $39.95, which is 40% off the regular gate admission. Tickets can be purchased online. This price is better than any other discount deal I have seen.

http://www.hersheypark.com

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey With 15, 17, and 21 year old

Some other area attractions that may be of interest are the Antique Auto Museum, Indian Echo Caverns, Challenge Family Fun Center (mini golf, batting cages, arcade, etc), and as all ready mentioned, Adventure Sports.

Mentioned in this post
Indian Echo Caverns
Indian Echo Caverns
726 Reviews
Hummelstown, PA
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
94 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hershey With 15, 17, and 21 year old

Hersheypark has 13 coasters, including the inverted Great Bear, classic woodie Comet, 212 foot Skyrush, a Wild Mouse, launch coaster Storm Runner, and duel/ racing woodie Lighting Racer. They also have a decent size water park, including a wave pool and water slide complex as well as a chute the chute Tidal Force. They have a claw and three drop towers. Hersheypark is a great family park loaded with thrill rides that will keep any teenager busy.

Mentioned in this post
Hersheypark
Hersheypark
6,434 Reviews
Hershey, PA
Reply to: Hershey With 15, 17, and 21 year old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted