We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hersheypark April 27,28 2018

las vegas
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hersheypark April 27,28 2018

Just curious about crowds, weather, is Spring break over? My first time going. What attractions to hit first in the park?

2 replies to this topic
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hersheypark April 27,28 2018

As for crowds, I used to say my crystal ball was broken but someone didn't appreciate my humor so now I say expect the worst and hope for the best. As for weather, again, totally unpredictable. Average high in April is 63, average low 43, according to a weather website. Plan to dress in layers as mornings and evenings will be cooler.

Crowds are usually tied to the weather, the nicer the weather, the larger the crowd. If you are able, take advantage of the preview plan which allows you to enter the park 2 1/2 hours before closing on the evening before the day of your admission.

As for attractions to hit first, the roller coasters are usually the longest lines. You might want to try the strategy of heading to the back of the park first and working to the front.

Hersheypark is currently running an online only special on admission tickets through March 16. The price is $39.95 which is 40% off the normal gate admission. Tickets are good all summer season.

Mentioned in this post
Hersheypark
Hersheypark
6,561 Reviews
Hershey, PA
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
97 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hersheypark April 27,28 2018

Pennsylvania weather that time of the year can be unpredictable. You can have several days in the high 70s and be back into the mid 50s a few days later. Crowds will depend heavily on the weather. Expect good crowds if the weather is warm and sunny but light crowds if cold and/or rainy. Most non water rides should be open.

Mentioned in this post
Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania
United States
Reply to: Hersheypark April 27,28 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted