We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere lovely for lunch in November

Northampton
Level Contributor
123 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere lovely for lunch in November

Morning!

I tried to book lunch at Schooners in St Agnes, but they told me they are closed from the end of October- March!

Our plan was to go there and then for a walk on Perranporth beach.

So we are now looking for somewhere lovely, in, or near to Perranporth for Lunch, preferably with sea views please!

Thank you...

Mentioned in this post
Schooners
Schooners
131 Reviews
St Agnes, UK
St Agnes
St Agnes
Truro District, UK
Perranporth Beach
Perranporth Beach
1,728 Reviews
Perranporth, UK
Perranporth
Perranporth
Cornwall, UK
3 replies to this topic
Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere lovely for lunch in November

Driftwood Spars in St Agnes or Watering Hole in Perranporth? Not sure if you would class them as "lovely" though.

Mentioned in this post
Driftwood Spars
Driftwood Spars
515 Reviews
St Agnes, UK
St Agnes
St Agnes
Truro District, UK
The Watering Hole
The Watering Hole
1,252 Reviews
Perranporth, UK
Perranporth
Perranporth
Cornwall, UK
Northampton
Level Contributor
123 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere lovely for lunch in November

Driftwood Spars looks fab, contacted them, and they are closed for the Winter...

Haven't been able to get through to the Watering hole?

The quest continues.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Driftwood Spars
Driftwood Spars
515 Reviews
St Agnes, UK
The Watering Hole
The Watering Hole
1,252 Reviews
Perranporth, UK
Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere lovely for lunch in November

Driftwood Spars is a pub that stays open year round, including serving food. They do have another restaurant as part of the building, more bistro that pub - perhaps it's that part that's closed for winter? I'm not sure if phone #s are allowed on here, but if so - theirs is 01872 552428. It's my favourite pub, though you can only see the sea while you eat if you sit outside.

Watering Hole is more seasonal and do cut back on their hours over winter. The location is great but personally I wouldn't recommend it for more than a drink and perhaps a snack.

The Bolingey Inn is another lovely pub (in Bolingey, just outside Perranporth). No sea views but nice food and atmosphere.

Seiners Arms is next to the beach at Perranporth so a score for location (not sure if you can see the sea unless you sit ouside though). It's been quite a while since I've eaten there, though the food was nice. Not so keen on the atmosphere myself though; it can be a little generic and neither lovely nor cosy.

St. Agnes does have a fair range of cafes, pubs and other eateries so you could possibly just take a walk there (lovely village) and see if anything takes your fancy - no doubt some will shut over winter, but others will be open year round.

Mentioned in this post
Driftwood Spars
Driftwood Spars
515 Reviews
St Agnes, UK
The Bolingey Inn
The Bolingey Inn
268 Reviews
Bolingey, UK
Perranporth
Perranporth
Cornwall, UK