We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

Hi are Perran Sands and Liskey hill caravan park close the same - and is the hill big to get to the beach? or is it an easy walk for young children and pensioners?

many Thanks

Helen

12 replies to this topic
Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

Hi Helen

I'm not sure what you mean in your first sentence, if I have not answered your question, can you explain. Liskey Hill Caravan Park is at the top of Liskey Hill, it is quite a hill but the school is almost at the top of it and children from age 4/5 on seem to have no problems getting to the school. I often see families of all ages walking up the hill after a day at the beach with bags and windbreaks, buggies and kids in tow and they don't seem to mind. Some people need to take a rest at times. I think you need to be reasonably fit and used to walking up hills if you are a pensioner. At present, Liskey Hill doesn't have a bus service running past (it stopped last year, I don't think it is coming back for the summer) Perran Sands is at the other end of the village and walking up the hill by the roadside is not a good idea though I think you can walk by the golf club if you don't mind the golf balls, you can however get down to the beach by a series of steps at Perran Sands, again this is not easy going back, but you can stop often and admire the view. You can also walk across the beach into the village, it is more than a mile though, or you can walk across the cliffs which is not too difficult but has its moments and again you would need to be a fit pensioner, when the tide is in you would have to go over the cliffs if you are walking that way. There is usually a good bus service between Perran Sands and the village however and there are usually taxis around to take you up to either site for a few quid. There is a big difference between the two sites though with Liskey being a quite small site and Perran Sands is a Haven site with all the facilities they offer.

oxford
Level Contributor
289 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

Liskey Hill is quite a walk from the centre of Perranporth, in thesummer months there is a regular bus service stopping at Perran Sands.

Edited: 25 May 2013, 21:08
oxford
Level Contributor
289 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

If looking for a site on the flat, then Perranporth touring park might be a good bet. There are static vans there too (think Duchy holidays let some), it is at the bottom of the hill as you come into Perranporth from the Perran Sands side of the resort, the turning for it is just before the garage on the left hand side.

Only a short 10min walk from the centre and the beach

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

Many thanks for the info :)

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

Thanks for the info - this does help :)

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

Thank you for the info - looking forward to my holiday there :)

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

Periwinkle Caravan Holiday Park Liskey Hill Perranporth.

We have just returned from Cornwall and had a wonderful holiday, the Caravan was absolutely Beautiful, which had all the home comforts, Clean tastefully decorated and such comfy beds,with Snuggley duvets. Very Spacious and very well equipped for all our needs.

We would highly recommend to anyone who wishes a Good holiday. As the camp is on the hill, it overlooks Perranporth and the sea views, It is most relaxing yet very near to all Shops, Eating Houses and other amenities.

Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

hi we go liskey hill every year we did go on perransands once but with having no kiddies i found it a waste of money. liskey hill is a lovely site sharon and kirby in the offices are very helpful too anything you need they are happy to help . most vans have a sea view. were in our early 40s it takes 10 mins to walk down the hill but may take 15 to get back up lol. no different to the hill to the beach on perransands.

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

Hi I have seen on good maps there are 2 sites called Liskey hill 1 is Liskey hill caravan park and the other a vale site Liskey hill holiday park both have same post code are they one and the same or differant parks I'm waiting for the lady who's caravan we have booked to email me back to say which one we are staying at but thought I would also ask the experts on here as one seems closer to town than the other. Ask can anybody local tell me if possible to walk to healeys cyber farm from perronporth

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill

Not really practical to walk to Healeys, its a few miles and the last part would be along a busy main road.

It could be done, but I wouldn't want to.

Reply to: Perran Sands and Liskey Hill
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Perranporth