We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

oxford
Level Contributor
298 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

When we were in Perranporth last month, we saw there was a B and B at the top of the hill by the beach called Ferndale.

Has anyone stayed there?

Mentioned in this post
Perranporth
Perranporth
Cornwall, UK
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

Last week my American friend and I stayed at Ferndale B and B and we had A really enjoyable stay. Yes,it is the B and B at the top of the hill.the room is very comfortable and we really appreciated the lovely bathroom.

The breakfast is great and you find it in the Fridge and the cupboard. The owners have thought of everything to make your stay stress free! Only issue would be parking if you had a big car. Loved it there. Would recommend it without hesitation?

P.S really quiet too.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

Did you really have to find your own breakfast in the cupboards rather than having it served to you? What about drinks and toast etc?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

Milk, fruit juice,yoghurts, hard boiled eggs,tomatoes,ham,cheese are in a mini fridge. Bread and croissants are in a container.. Butter in a dish.good variety of cereals,marmalade,jams .tea,coffee(for cafetière) and instant. Toaster,corkscew, wine glasses,sharp knife

The table is set out for you too! Oh and I nearly forgot biscuits and mints and lastly a bowl of fruit!

Can't think of anything else you would need..... Enjoy !

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

I can think of something else needed, the proprietor or staff to make sure everything is ok.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

The owners live there and are lovely.They just give you privacy but are on hand to give you advice,help or anything you might need.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

So it's a bit like self catering with food (breakfast) provided?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

No. It is a very nice B and B.If you want to define 'breakfast' then it is a very generous Continental one!

You appear to be very English so more traditional accommodation would suit you better. Good Luck!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,628 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

I'm of the opinion that a B&B should provide breakfast and not just the ingredients to make your own. And I would expect croissants to be fresh too, and warm, not left in a container overnight, might as well just go buy some from Morrisons.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

It's just that I have never heard of Bed and Breakfast being provided in this way. It must have been good for you to have made your first contribution to TA about this establishment. So thank you for the information.

10. Re: Ferndale b and b at the top of hill by the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2017, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Perranporth