We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

Two of us hope plan to stay in St. Austell area over Christmas 2017 and would like some ideas on where to dine on Christmas Day please. Budget is not an issue on such a special occasions. I have searched and contacted some hotels on the internet, but its slow progress, and some are already booked up!

We would be prepared to travel up to 5 miles from St. Austell.

Many thanks, Darren

10 replies to this topic
Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

St Austell isn't known as a foodie hub nor a tourist destination. Do you particularly want to stay there as there are much nicer places? If it has to be St Austell, have you tried the Britannia on the way to Par?

Edited: 26 June 2017, 07:14
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,714 posts
220 reviews
2. Re: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

Try places in Charlestown, nearby; it's more picturesque than St Austell and has a couple of decent places. Not sure if they're open on Christmas Day though.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

Hi, yes I'm staying in st Austell.i will give it a go. If I was to expand my search, say within a 15 mile radius. Where woould you go? Thank you for your help. I

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,714 posts
220 reviews
4. Re: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

Lots of places in Truro. You don't give an idea of budget so it's difficult to make suitable suggestions, but how about Alverton Manor?

Restaurants and hotels usually start advertising in July.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

Budget is not an issue

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,714 posts
220 reviews
6. Re: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

The Alverton menu is here

https:/…

A number of other possibilities popped up via Google.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
26 posts
7. Re: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

St Austell is an excellent base for touring Cornwall. If you are into architecture the Market House and Holy Trinity church are worth a look. There is also a holy well on Bodmin Road towards Trethowel, close Waterwheel restaurant. 67notout.com/2014/04/the-secret-holy-well-of… If you are looking for fine dining Carlyon Bay Hotel and Golf course, views of St Austell Bay, but a busy hotel at Christmas. Fowey Hotel is nice too. Tripadvisor top 10 around St Austell https:/…EATERY_OVERVIEW_BOX

Machynlleth
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
8. Re: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

Hi

Have you thought of Charlestown as a Christmas day venue to eat, its not far from St Austell depending where you are actually staying it might be walkable. You could book a table at the Pier House a la carte and ask for one overlooking the sea, or wreckers or Long store are all pretty good and you could have an atmospheric walk around the harbour you may be lucky and there may be the tall ships moored.

2 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

Hi

There are some amazing places to eat around st austell. There is the long store in Charlestown, the rashleigh pub down there is also good food. Then the other side is kingswood, lovely place great food, really popular with us locals. Mevagissey also has some great places like the sharks fin. Then there is fowey which has the fowey hall hotel. Haven’t been there but heard good things about them. DO NOT however go to the Cornwall Hotel. Food is good, staff are great but everything else isn’t, this is due to them not getting enough staff. As I said some great places to check out. Not in st austell itself but not too far away either.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
10. Re: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017

I would recommend Polgooth inn near St Austell, or One of a couple of places in Charlestown such as Rashleigh arms or longstore.

Reply to: Christmas Day dining in St Austell 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St Austell