We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farm to stay on in Lancaster PA in August

1 post
Save Topic
Farm to stay on in Lancaster PA in August

Can someone recommend a working farm to stay on for one night with my wife and 2 kids- 13 & 10?

Montpelier, Vermont
Level Contributor
660 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farm to stay on in Lancaster PA in August

We've stayed at Eby Farm Bed and Breakfast in Gordonville, in Lancaster County -- this is a working farm run by a multigenerational Mennonite family, who welcome guests to visit the cows, feed the calves etc. It's an incredibly beautifyl, peaceful place. They also introduced us to an Amish family they know who make quilts and make or repair clocks, and I think could have arranged for a meal w an Amish family. There are a number of farm-based bed and breakfasts listed on discoverLancaster.com website (I think this used to be padutchcountry.com) which is tourist information site for Lancaster County. I brought my teenage daughter and an exchange student from China who was living w us that year, and it gave them both an unforgettable perspective on the diversity of people and cultures in our country and the courage it takes to choose to live outside the mainstream. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster County
Lancaster County
Pennsylvania
Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
404 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farm to stay on in Lancaster PA in August

I'd recommend Verdant View Farms on Gap Rd, just east of the Strasburg Railroad.

Mentioned in this post
Strasburg
Strasburg
Lancaster County, PA
Deptford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Farm to stay on in Lancaster PA in August

Is this close to other Lancaster County activities and sites? I have a four year old I am looking to bring.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster County
Lancaster County
Pennsylvania
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farm to stay on in Lancaster PA in August

Both Verdant View and Eby Farm are close to the tourist area. The Strasburg Railroad goes past Verdant View.

Mentioned in this post
Strasburg
Strasburg
Lancaster County, PA
5. Re: Farm to stay on in Lancaster PA in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2018, 14:18