We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sesame Place on Thanksgiving Weekend?

New York
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sesame Place on Thanksgiving Weekend?

On two of our visits to Orlando theme parks, we had a blast because the place was nearly empty, but that was the Monday and Tuesday after thanksgiving, considering Sesame Place is closed on weekdays (that's odd) should I still consider going there on the weekend after Thanksgiving or just skip it and go on following weekend? I would assume following weekend would be a whole lot less crowded. Like December 7, 8.

We will be driving from NY and I would prefer to stay somewhere down there overnight, and then spend another day (if we like it) or spend the next day at a different attraction suitable for 3 year old.

Thanks in advance to all fellow travelers who care to post their suggestions.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 13:50
Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,506 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sesame Place on Thanksgiving Weekend?

Sesame Place is an amusement park, but it is primarily a water park, which is why it is closed weekdays off-season. It only opens for certain holidays and events.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 19:23
Mentioned in this post
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,506 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
New York
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sesame Place on Thanksgiving Weekend?

Thanks.

So would you not recommend it in Nov/December?

Not worth the commute?

Galveston, Texas...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sesame Place on Thanksgiving Weekend?

We did Sesame Place on the Thanksgiving weekend 2 years ago with our two year old and it was fabulous! They had lots of Christmas stuff going on, and we all had a great time. Definitely do the character dining, though, to get close up to as many characters as your little one wants. It is not a two day place though. One day is plenty.

Mentioned in this post
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,506 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
New York
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sesame Place on Thanksgiving Weekend?

Thanks Aubrey,

Were there any other indoor activities? Or any places you can stop by and warm up and then go out? I just wonder if that's a possibility. We probably won't go unless it is in 50's but in case if it suddenly gets colder I just wanted to know how flexible the whole place is.

Dine with friends sounds very cool, we were thinking of doing milk and cookies, but why not both? :)

Do you get to pick the character to dine with or is it a random one?

5. Re: Sesame Place on Thanksgiving Weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2016, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Langhorne