We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lititz, Jim Thorpe, or New Hope?

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Lititz, Jim Thorpe, or New Hope?

I am looking to go on a long weekend vacation with my boyfriend in the middle of June. We want to go somewhere that has a lot of outdoor activities, as well as great bars and restaurants, and a lot of artisan shops. We were directed to these three locations but are having a hard time deciding. I was hoping I could get some real advice as to the best town. Thank you in advance

2 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
11 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lititz, Jim Thorpe, or New Hope?

Jim Thorpe is a great walking area, hill too. A number of bars (Irish one by the train), various restaurants, plus a train ride (great view of the trees). A place to rent bicycles. New Hope is very busy on weekends. Hard to find any parking. Tons of bars, music there and a train ride too ! If you can stay, park and walk, New Hope. New Hope also has the Playhouse. There is one big bar/restaurant/music by the train station. Tons of strange stores.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
9,775 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lititz, Jim Thorpe, or New Hope?

Jim Thorpe is a great combination of lovely town and great outdoor activities (biking, hiking, rafting); it would be my pick.

Reply to: Lititz, Jim Thorpe, or New Hope?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lititz