We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lititz, Jim Thorpe, or New Hope?

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Lititz, Jim Thorpe, or New Hope?

I am looking to go on a long weekend vacation with my boyfriend in the middle of June. We want to go somewhere that has a lot of outdoor activities, as well as great bars and restaurants, and a lot of artisan shops. We were directed to these three locations but are having a hard time deciding. I was hoping I could get some real advice as to the best town. Thank you in advance

2 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
11 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lititz, Jim Thorpe, or New Hope?

Jim Thorpe is a great walking area, hill too. A number of bars (Irish one by the train), various restaurants, plus a train ride (great view of the trees). A place to rent bicycles. New Hope is very busy on weekends. Hard to find any parking. Tons of bars, music there and a train ride too ! If you can stay, park and walk, New Hope. New Hope also has the Playhouse. There is one big bar/restaurant/music by the train station. Tons of strange stores.

Mentioned in this post
Jim Thorpe
Jim Thorpe
Pocono Mountains Region, PA
New Hope
New Hope
Bucks County, PA
Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
10,809 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lititz, Jim Thorpe, or New Hope?

Jim Thorpe is a great combination of lovely town and great outdoor activities (biking, hiking, rafting); it would be my pick.

Mentioned in this post
Jim Thorpe
Jim Thorpe
Pocono Mountains Region, PA
Reply to: Lititz, Jim Thorpe, or New Hope?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lititz