We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January visit to Lititz

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
January visit to Lititz

I will be staying overnight one night in Lititz while my daughter is involved with a school activity. Any hotel or motel recommendations would be appreciated. We will have maybe a half day of unscheduled time so I am also looking for recommendations of things to do and see. Thanks!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: January visit to Lititz

Thought I should add that I am really looking for clean and safe overnight lodging close to the Lindin Hall Boarding school. The property does not have to be 5 star just fairly priced, clean and safe.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: January visit to Lititz

Wilbur Chocolate factory, the pretzel factory, the historical society.

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: January visit to Lititz

Try the General Sutter Inn. Right at the end of Main Street and an easy walk to Linden Hall.

They have a restaurant and cafe on site. Breakfasts were very good back when I was a student at LH in the early 90's.

Lots of cute shops along Main Street, and as someone else suggested the Pretzel House (across th street from LH), and Wilbur Chocolate is around the corner from the General Sutter.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: January visit to Lititz

I actually live in Lititz. There are several nice B&B's if that's your style. Otherwise, you'll probably wanna look at the Holiday Inn Express. It's the only "hotel" in Lititz, and although I've never personally stayed there, it's probably pretty nice, since it's only a few years old. You can walk to Isaac's Deli from there, which is a neat sandwich place. Food is great, and Isaac's is a Lancaster County locals' fav. Also, there's a Pizza Hut right next to Isaac's and a Burger King across the street. Scooter's Restuarant and Bar is just down the road, and it's a popular Lititz hangout. Food is pretty good. LOTS of pizza shops and such all over town, so eating shouldn't be a problem! I agree, the Wilbur Chocolate Factory and the Pretzel factory are the two big tourist attractions in Lititz, but there's also a lot of neat shops and cafe's in town. Lititz Springs Park is a nice little family park with playgrounds and usually lots of ducks to feed. I don't know of any events going on in the park during January, but you can check out the site at http://www.lititzspringspark.org There is also Penn Cinema, which is a locally owned and operated movie theater with several screens. It's also just a few years old and really nice. http://www.penncinema.com If you're up for a drive, you can head down Rt. 501 into Lancaster City and enjoy some of what it has to offer. I believe Clipper Stadium, a really nice and unique baseball stadium that was built in 2005, offers ice skating this time of year. I'm sure you could easily find something to do to fill a half day! If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster County
Lancaster County
Pennsylvania
Lititz Springs Park
Lititz Springs Park
367 Reviews
Lititz, PA
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: January visit to Lititz

Thanks to everyone for all the great advice! I am lookinf forward to my trip and I plan to use your suggestions.

6. Re: January visit to Lititz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 18:20
Get answers to your questions about Lititz