We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lititz In the Summer

Rockaway, NJ
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lititz In the Summer

Hello,

My family is considering a long weekend in Lititz in late June or early July. There will be 5 adults and 2 one-year olds with us. We're basically just looking for a place where we can do little day trips, but still be close to "home" for naps and whatnot.

Any suggestions on what to do? Also, we would like to all stay together, possibly in a vacation rental. Does anyone have information on that?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Lititz
Lititz
Lancaster County, PA
scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lititz In the Summer

Why did you chose Lititz? There are other villages that offer much more in the way of attractions, shopping, restaurants and lodging. Check out www.800PaDutch.com for info. I can recommend other areas to vist and lodging ideas if you want. Three ideas I do have that will interest all is riding the Historic Strasburg Railroad and visiting the Hands-On House. The kids should enjoy Dutch Wonderland amusement park, too. We've never rented a house, but I can suggest the Best Western Eden Resort's family suites. They can sleep 6 adults in one room.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Lititz
Lititz
Lancaster County, PA
Strasburg
Strasburg
Lancaster County, PA
Hands-on House
Hands-on House
152 Reviews
Lancaster, PA
Rockaway, NJ
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lititz In the Summer

Thanks for the suggestions, Steve. One of my brothers suggested Lititz, I had never heard of it. I checked out Dutch Wonderland, and I think it might be too expensive considering we wouldn't be able to be there all that long (naps). Hands-On House seems good, although a bit old for them. The Eden Resort seems perfect.

Basically, outlet shopping, parks, petting farms, and strolling around are things that might be best for us at this point. May I take you up on your offer of suggesting some other areas?

Thanks!

Tami

Mentioned in this post
Lititz
Lititz
Lancaster County, PA
scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lititz In the Summer

The largest outlets are on Rt 30. The Rockvale Outlets (30 at 896) and the Tanger Outlets, just west of there. The Park City Mall would be a nice place to go if it rains. It's on Rt 30 west of Rt 501 (501 north takes you to Lititz.) Long Park is next to the mall. Besides riding the train in Strasburg, you can also visit the PA RR Museum (across the street from the train) and the Choo Choo Barn, just down the street (HO layout and lots of Thomas the Tank Engine stuff). The Amish House and Farm on Rt 896 north has some small animals the kids can pet, but the house tour will bore them to tears. In Intercourse you can shop at Kithen Kettle Village while dad takes the kids on a horse and buggy ride. There is also a small pen of animals near the main entrance to KKV. Besides the Eden Resort, some other forum members would recommend Willow Valley Resort. Both have great reviews. You should also visit Bird-in-Hand farmers market, if you get a chance.

Mentioned in this post
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
Lititz
Lititz
Lancaster County, PA
Strasburg
Strasburg
Lancaster County, PA
Choo Choo Barn
Choo Choo Barn
403 Reviews
Strasburg, PA
Bird in Hand
Bird in Hand
Lancaster County, PA
4. Re: Lititz In the Summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Lititz