We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day trip to Lancaster, PA area March 2010

PA
11 posts
Save Topic
4 day trip to Lancaster, PA area March 2010

My sister and I plan to go to Lancaster PA for quilt show end of March. Any suggestions on B&B places? We're looking for quaint towns, stay where we can walk around to shops, restaurants. No strip malls please! Thank you for any suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day trip to Lancaster, PA area March 2010

As you may be discovering, many of the BandB's are out in Lancaster County's beautiful countryside, and therefore not within walking distance of anything.

The Inn at Kitchen Kettle, in Intercourse gets high reviews and is located right at Kitchen Kettle Village which has many shops. Many more shops in Intercourse are within walking distance. My guess would be most of these would be open at least on the weekend when you go.

The Lititz House in Lititz would be within walking distance of the Historic/shopping area of town. Since Lititz is less tourist driven I would expect all of these to be open.

Finally, although its a Hotel, the Marriot at the Convention Center where the quilt show is , is in the Center ofLancaster within easy walking distance of the Quilt Museum, The Central Farmers Market (open Tuesday, Friday and Saturday)

a number of quaint shops, and many restauants.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Intercourse
Intercourse
Lancaster County, PA
Kitchen Kettle Village
Kitchen Kettle Village
1,894 Reviews
Intercourse, PA
Lititz House Bed and Breakfast
Lititz House Bed and...
108 Reviews
Lititz, PA
Lititz
Lititz
Lancaster County, PA
PA
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 day trip to Lancaster, PA area March 2010

Thank you so much for your info! We really appreciate it and we'll look into these suggestions. Take care.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 day trip to Lancaster, PA area March 2010

consider reposting on the Lancaster forum, where there is a B&B expert who likely hasn't seen your post. I believe there are B&B's located within the city of Lancaster, which would be great for attending the quilt show, and enjoying the shopping and downtown areal of Lancaster.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
PA
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 day trip to Lancaster, PA area March 2010

That is a great idea! I will do it now. Thanks very much.

Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
404 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 day trip to Lancaster, PA area March 2010

Brookquarry is correct. There aren't really many 'true' B&B's that are within walking distance of downtown areas. You might try some of them in Ephrata as they're located in more of a town than a rural setting. There are none in downtown Lancaster itself and as for the Marriott at the Convention Center, well, it only has 299 rooms and was booked up long ago with vendors from the Quilt show.

Regardless of which B&B you stay in, you're most likely to find an innkeeper here who knows his/her stuff!! Where to go for entertainment, good food, good shopping.

Enjoy your stay!

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
6. Re: 4 day trip to Lancaster, PA area March 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Lititz