We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening in Lititz?

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
40 reviews
Evening in Lititz?

Is there anything to do in the early evening? We planned on arriving in town after checking in to our hotel around 4pm, thought we might check out Wilbur's and wander a bit, but seems like most shops close around 5. What's to do (other than dinner, which we won't be hungry for until after 7) after 5pm?

4 replies to this topic
Myerstown...
Level Contributor
422 posts
400 reviews
1. Re: Evening in Lititz?

What day of the week will you be in Lititz? You are correct, most shops close at 5PM, including Wilbur Chocolate. However, on second Fridays, shops are open to 9PM (next is October 9). I note that Wilbur Chocolate is only open to 8PM on second Fridays.

You could take a drive to The Green Dragon Farm Market in Ephrata which is open on Fridays to 9PM.

Mosslady

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Evening in Lititz?

We will be there on Saturday 10/10

Myerstown...
Level Contributor
422 posts
400 reviews
3. Re: Evening in Lititz?

So that leaves out those Friday options I mentioned. Most of the independent shops in Lititz and downtown Lancaster will close at 5PM on Saturday. Park City Mall or the various Outlets along Route 30 would be open until 9PM.

There is a ghost tour in the City of Lancaster at 8PM or Strasburg at 7:30PM (ghosttour.com). Of course that may mean an earlier dinner. We did one of these several years ago and it included a nice history of the local citizens and interiors of some restored homes. I'm not sure if it was this particular tour, but I do remember that I was wishing I had worn long underwear!

You could also check out some covered bridges in the area (discoverlancaster.com/activities/pa-covered-…).

Mosslady

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Evening in Lititz?

Thank you!

Reply to: Evening in Lititz?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lititz