We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edna's Low Country,

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Edna's Low Country,

When we were in Charleston earlier this year, I bought several things from Edna's in the City Market. In the kitchen, I'm pretty much "from scratch", but I know when to acknowledge my limits. I would like to buy more, but have run in to a wall. She proudly told me she doesn't have a web site, but I never received a return call from the phone number on the flyer she gave me and a letter (including a SASE) likewise never generated a response. Any suggestions? Thanks.

13 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
997 posts
786 reviews
1. Re: Edna's Low Country,

Short of going back in person which I assume isn't possible, not much you can do now. There may be a reason for the non-reply such as health or holidays. Which section was she located?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,440 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Edna's Low Country,

Is this the information that you have? This is from the City Market webpage.

thecharlestoncitymarket.com/main/vendor/234

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,260 posts
100 reviews
3. Re: Edna's Low Country,

Some of her rice mixes are available at this site - …oldecolonybakery.com/ednas-ricemixes.html

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Edna's Low Country,

Thanks for the thoughts and information. I finally did her from her. Rather than a note with the costs, she sent the items I inquired about and told me how much I owed and to send her a check. For doing business like that, I can be patient. Thank you, Edna!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Edna's Low Country,

Thank you, RJC. It's good to get a positive followup!

Granville, Ohio
Level Contributor
742 posts
67 reviews
6. Re: Edna's Low Country,

RJC......that is the Charleston I so fondly remember from my days at MUSC in the 1970s. Thanks for reminding me

1 post
7. Re: Edna's Low Country,

I, too, have enjoyed a scant few of her creations and would like to buy more...

The most outstanding thing I got was her Honey Habanero BBQ sauce. It's PERFECT! Just the right amount of "heat." Has a "kick," but doesn't set your mouth on fire. I'm baffled why she doesn't have a website... I DO still have her flyer from a few years ago, though. If any of you have success contacting her, please follow up with me... THANKS!!! :-)

scott.climer@gmail.com

Edited: 15 March 2018, 07:17
Decatur, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
126 reviews
8. Re: Edna's Low Country,

Scott, you should never leave your email address here. Private messages can be sent between TA users.

Easley, South...
Level Contributor
869 posts
1 review
9. Re: Edna's Low Country,

We enjoy rice mixes and garlic cheese grits from "Savor The Flavor".I wonder if they are similar?

Easley, South...
Level Contributor
869 posts
1 review
10. Re: Edna's Low Country,

"Clammer Dave" shipped 150 perfect Capers Blade Oysters to Colorado Springs without anything more than my phone call and an agreement on price.He mumbled something about crooks and low lifes aren't interested in his oysters!

Reply to: Edna's Low Country,
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted