We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas plantation

NY
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas plantation

We’re visiting this coming weekend and looking for a recommendation for a plantation or house that is decked out for the holidays. Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,509 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas plantation

The plantations and historic homes typically decorate with period appropriate items ~ greenery and bows. Not going to see lots of lights or any lights at all. This holds true for the vast majority of the historic district as well. Middleton Place has a few Christmas events. www.middletonplace.org

If you are interested in light displays, check this out https://www.holidayfestivaloflights.com

Edited: 29 November 2017, 12:33
Mentioned in this post
Middleton Place
Middleton Place
3,558 Reviews
Charleston, SC
NC
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas plantation

If you will have a car, I highly recommend the festival of lights in James Island Park. We visited Charleston this past weekend and visited the festival of lights Saturday night. Hubby said it was his favorite thing all weekend (next to spending the weekend with me :) ).

You drive through the park, but about halfway through you park in one of the lots and get out and walk. Don't miss out on that part! Hubby originally didn't want to, but I talked him into it. He said he was really glad we did the walk through part.

Try and get there close to when they open. It will be super crowded, but, I promise, well worth it!

NY
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas plantation

Thank you. We actually love the simplicity of the greenery decor. Although James Islands sounds like fun

Edited: 02 December 2017, 02:13
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,509 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas plantation

The hotel lobbies are usually heavily decorated. Charleston Place usually has a train set as well.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas plantation

The house at Middleton Place is beautifully decorated.

Mentioned in this post
Middleton Place
Middleton Place
3,558 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Reply to: Christmas plantation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted