We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat parade

new jersey
Level Contributor
354 posts
Save Topic
Boat parade

Hi all! We will be in town next weekend and through my research saw there is a parade of boats on December 9th. I am not sure we want to pay to view from the maritime museum and was wondering where else it can be viewed.

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,850 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat parade

From Waterfront Park or the Battery in the Historic district. Patriot's Point and the Mt Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park. Any viewing area will be very crowded, you will need to be there an hour or more early to get a good viewing spot. Traffic afterwards will be very bad, so better to choose an area that you can walk to, if possible.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant
Coastal South Carolina, SC
new jersey
Level Contributor
354 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat parade

Thanks for the information! I have never been to Charleston before and will be staying at the Harbourview Inn and will not have access to a car. I could easily uber if I knew where and what time would be best for viewing. I appreciate the details and assistance!

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Harbourview Inn
Harbourview Inn
2,270 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,850 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat parade

You could easily walk to the Battery or Waterfront Park in the HD, your hotel is adjacent to Waterfront Park.

new jersey
Level Contributor
354 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat parade

Thanks again! What time would be best to get there and is it worth the hype? Trying to prioritize activities and dinner reservations for our short visit.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,985 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat parade

You'll still need to walk across the street at least an hour ahead of time, it will fill up quickly with onlookers from all over the area.

new jersey
Level Contributor
354 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat parade

Thanks! What time does the parade start and is it worth it to see and just move our dinner reservations later?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,850 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat parade

It begins at approx 5pm on the Mt. Pleasant side of the peninsula (east) and ends at 7:30 on the Ashley River side of the peninsula(west). By about 6 or 6:30 it will have probably finished passing by the east side.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant
Ashley Inn
Ashley Inn
337 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Reply to: Boat parade
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted