We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday walking tour

3 posts
Save Topic
Holiday walking tour

I will be in Charleston December 7-10. My husband will be in conferences so I will be venturing out alone. I was thinking about the Holiday walking tour. Does anyone have any input on this or something else that might be better. We will be staying at the Dewberry without a car.

Oyster Point Historic Walking Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Say Charleston! Photo Walking Tours
Walking Tours, Private Tours, Photography Tours
2 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
700 posts
620 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday walking tour

Second Sunday on King is this weekend. The street is closed off and it's fun walking around shopping and seeing all the Christmas decorations.

Belmont Charleston Place has the Holiday Train display. I don't know if they have the trees on display this year. Worth checking out.

The weather is calling for rain today and Friday, but Marion Square is having the Holiday Market on Saturday and Sunday from 9 until 3. The tree is also lit in the center.

There are also performances at several churches, Christmas music.

The City Market is open with the Night Market on Friday night from 6:30 to 10:30.

There is a free DASH bus with several routes around the Historic District so you could use that instead of walking in this colder rainy weather. Go to ridecarta.com to find routes. There is also an app that helps with bus arrivals and any delays.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,872 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday walking tour

The concierge at The Dewberry should be able to advise you and to coordinate activities for your short visit!

From the hotel's website -

CONCIERGE

Looking to privately tour local landmarks? A sunset harbor cruise on a private yacht? Access to the best kept secrets in the Lowcountry? Allow Dewberry Chief Concierge Larry Crosby and his team to curate exclusive, one-of-a-kind experiences that spotlight the best of Charleston and the Lowcountry.

To speak to a concierge call 843-872-9070 or email concierge@dewberryhotels.com

Reply to: Holiday walking tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted