We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cotton farms

South Burlington...
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
cotton farms

My wife and I are going to be in Columbia the end of september.Are there any cotton farms that are active that we coild visit.Thank you

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cotton farms

Nowhere near Columbia that I am aware of. They would be more toward the coast.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,436 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cotton farms

There are some near 95, Florence area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cotton farms

Take highway 176 out of Columbia. There are a few cotton/peanut farms there. Have to drive a bit south.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cotton farms

You won't find cotton growing near the coast. There are fields and gins in Calhoun County, Aiken County, Orangeburg County. Contact the SC Farm Bureau or State Farmers Market to find out more.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cotton farms

Plenty of cotton growing around Hollyhill and Santee. However, various farmers have fields all over the place. One guy I know farms 2,000 acres in various crops. His fields are scattered all over the area. It is not like all the cotton will be concentrated in one area and the "farm house" right there or anything.

Edited: 03 August 2016, 16:57
6. Re: cotton farms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2017, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Columbia