We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding

South Dakota
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding

My family will be traveling to Columbia for a wedding this summer.

We will have a 2 girls (6 year old and an 8 year old) and a 17 year old boy.

Just wondering what kind of fun things there are to do to keep the children entertained during downtime. After the wedding, we're going to Folly Beach for a couple of days.

Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Garden
Gardens, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Zoos
South Carolina State House
Architectural Buildings, Government Buildings, Historic Sites
South Carolina
Level Contributor
127 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding

July will be HOT! I'm not sure if this will be exciting or torture as seeing you're traveling from SD...

Outdoor things to do with kids: Riverbanks Zoo is awesome!... Lake Murray is nearby and there is a public "beach" area...Congaree National Park...take in a baseball game to see the Firefly's play.

Indoor things to do: Edventure Children's Museum, the State Museum, or the usual activities like the movies, bowling, library, etc could be good.

Eveything I mentioned can be found if you look for them in "things to do" under Cloumbia.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
94 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding

All good ideas mentioned above. The 17 year old probably wouldn't enjoy EdVenture, its more for little ones.

Just wanted to echo that it will be HOT (probably 100+ degrees and humid). So being outside might get uncomfortable at times.

3. Re: Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2017, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Columbia