We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April air and water temps

New York, NY
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
April air and water temps

I know temperatures are unpredictable, but speaking generally, is April too chilly for a beach vacation on Folly?

How warm does it get? How is the water temp?

Obviously, I've done a bit of googling but I'm coming up with mixed information so I thought it may be best to ask people who have been there at that time of year.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

3 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
620 posts
560 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April air and water temps

Weather will be very mixed in April, but the water temperature will be too cold for most people. That said, you will find people in the water that time of year, just not people from here. Temperatures run in the mid to upper 70's usually, but this year we have been hitting 80 in February (and today). The water temperature will be in the 60's still. It depends on you, but for locals, it's still way too cold to go into the water.

New York, NY
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: April air and water temps

I live in NYC so our ocean temp only really hits the 70s in the summer anyway. Thank you!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,509 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April air and water temps

In April 2016 highs ranged from 86 down to 59, with overnight lows from 64 down to 39. There were 9 days with at least some rain.

2015 ~ highs 84 down to 46, lows 64 down to 32. 12 days with at least some rain.

2014 ~ highs 80 down to 41, lows 62 to 32. 12 days with rain.

Don't think that the colder days/nights are always at the first of the month. in 2014 the last day of the month had an over night low of 37. 2015 the 29th had a high of 54 and a low of 37.

Reply to: April air and water temps
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach
Recent Conversations