We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Folly Beach Sailing

Jonesburg,Missouri
Level Contributor
10 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Folly Beach Sailing

Could someone give me some info on the business "Sailing the Edge of America" on Folly Beach. It is everything that we want on a Sailing tour but there haven't been any new reviews in 2017. Is it still as good as 2016 posts?

4 replies to this topic
Easley, South...
Level Contributor
636 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Folly Beach Sailing

We are at Folly several times a year, for at least ten years.To this day I have never seen a sail boat under way and I am a sailor so I'm on the lookout for boats.There are a couple older boats moored as you come onto the island by the public ramp but never move. Just call the guy.If he was great last year he will still be.I suspect he is out of business for whatever reason, again, nobody sails at Folly.I do know there are lots of shoals in the area, maybe that's why.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Folly Beach Sailing

I actually found quite a lot of horrible reviews, but they were from 2011-2014 timeframe. I found them on TA on my phone, but on my laptop.... they all seem to be deleted. Perhaps new ownership since then??

Cincinnati, Ohio
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Folly Beach Sailing

We're looking into booking a sailing trip when we're in town in June - would love to know if you found anything! Thanks!

Jonesburg,Missouri
Level Contributor
10 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Folly Beach Sailing

Thank you. I did call and the sailing tour sounds good.

Reply to: Folly Beach Sailing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach
Recent Conversations