We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fred Holland Realty

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fred Holland Realty

Folly Beach is wonderful, but don't rent from Fred Holland Realty. They don't clean their falling down filthy rentals. What would be the best way to complain about them? I don't want anyone else's vacation ruined by having to spend an afternoon cleaning. Yes, I called for a cleaning crew and received a vacuum cleaner. Then, they stopped taking my phone calls.

56 replies to this topic
RQT
New Castle...
Level Contributor
765 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Fred Holland Realty

We just returned from a week's stay on Folly at Pavilion Watch condos. We have rented from Avocet for this property for ten years. They are ocean view with three bedrooms, three baths, a community pool and most have a well-equipped kitchen. There are two elevators for this building. Since it is the off season, you will be able to rent for less than a full week if you would like.

Catlett, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
52. Re: Fred Holland Realty

We had the BEST ever experience with Fred Holland Realty. When we arrived in town, we found out that the property we had rented from another owner via Craig's List was a SCAM. We had sent a down payment and there was no available property when we arrived. We were weary from an 8 hour drive from Virginia, had lost hundreds of dollars and had a car full of family members ready to begin our vacation. LaJuan Kennedy and her staff were AMAZING! They promptly worked with us to get a new vacation rental with Fred Holland Realty. They gave us towels, linens, catalogs with links for fun things to do in town with coupons and literally SAVED THE DAY! I would recommend Fred Holland Realty to anyone thinking of renting vacation property in Folly Beach, SC. We vacation often and in many different east coast cities. This was, by far, the best customer service we have ever encountered with the nicest people working. We think we found an Angel on Earth with LaJuan Kennedy.

So happy with Fred Holland Realty!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
358 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Fred Holland Realty

Thank you for your VERY FIRST EVER post on Trip Advisor. From the SCAM to the saving grace of Fred Holland's employee, you have made my day. Much appreciated.

Folly Beach, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: Fred Holland Realty

I couldn't agree more. Their rentals are FILTHY and disgusting. Broken appliances, black mold, nasty mattresses - just foul. If you want to ruin your vacation and waste a lot of $$ then sure rent from Fred Holland. Otherwise RUN to Avocet as fast as you can and rent a nice place from them!

Folly Beach, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
55. Re: Fred Holland Realty

Fred Holland is awful. Their rentals are filthy and disgusting. Broken appliances, black mold, lights out everywhere, clogged drains, nasty mattresses. Honestly camping would be cleaner. Run to Avocet as fast as you can. Fred Holland has ruined our vacation for the last time.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Fred Holland Realty

I have also heard this same complaint. I rent for a month from a family, personally. I won't go through a rental in a place like Folly. They don't monitor their cleaning crew near enough.

Reply to: Fred Holland Realty
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach
Recent Conversations