We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good sports bars

mt. pleasant, sc
Level Contributor
93 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Good sports bars

My family will be in town when Clemson plays Syracuse. We want to find a lively place to watch the game with good food (vegetarian options a plus).

Suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Clemson
Clemson
South Carolina
Syracuse
Syracuse
Finger Lakes, NY
Yellow Ginger
$$ - $$$, Chinese, Asian, Thai
Luna Rosa Gelato Cafe
$$ - $$$, Italian, Cafe
Pita House
$, International, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
153 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good sports bars

My suggestions

Not sports bars but plenty of TVs that will definitely be tuned in to the game

Roost

Nose Dive

Barleys

True sports bars (all are chains/franchises so when it comes to food your mileage may vary)

Carolina Ale House

Wild Wing

Buffalo Wild Wings

Mentioned in this post
Carolina Ale House
Carolina Ale House
456 Reviews
Greenville, SC
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Easley, South...
Level Contributor
869 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good sports bars

Joseph has as good a list as you will get.The question might be do you need to be close to the interstates, or find a spot downtown.Where will you be staying?

mt. pleasant, sc
Level Contributor
93 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good sports bars

We will be at the Drury Inn, and coming in from a college visit in Spartanburg. Since 85 and 385 are close to the hotel, we can get about anywhere, but closer to the hotel will be best since we have another college visit (Furman) the next day.

Mentioned in this post
Drury Inn & Suites Greenville
Drury Inn & Suites...
639 Reviews
Greenville, SC
Spartanburg
Spartanburg
South Carolina
Easley, South...
Level Contributor
869 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Good sports bars

I guess I'd go to Carolina ale house.One of the two locations is a couple of blocks from the hotel.

You are going to like the look, feel, and surrounding area Of the Furman campus a lot better than Wofford.Our youngest daughter chose Furman between those two.

Mentioned in this post
Carolina Ale House
Carolina Ale House
456 Reviews
Greenville, SC
mt. pleasant, sc
Level Contributor
93 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good sports bars

"You are going to like the look, feel, and surrounding area Of the Furman campus a lot better than Wofford.Our youngest daughter chose Furman between those two."

Oh yes, I'm sure of it. We have been on the Wofford campus before and it really doesn't have a whole lot going for it. However, we have a nephew who enjoyed his time at Wofford (and is now in med school) so we are going on his recommendation. Also, to be honest, I think her #1 choice would be Clemson. Doing "due diligence" by going to a number of other state colleges just to make sure we don't overlook something that would be a perfect fit.

Mentioned in this post
Clemson
Clemson
South Carolina
6. Re: Good sports bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2018, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Greenville