We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to/from Greenville/Clemson on game day?

1 post
Save Topic
Transportation to/from Greenville/Clemson on game day?

I'm planning on going to a Clemson game this fall but I'm staying in Greenville. What is the commute like? Google maps shows a 45 minute drive should I expect a significant delay? Also I'm hoping to avoid driving. Is there a bus of some sort? Is it a popular route for uber?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Clemson
Clemson
South Carolina
Greenville
Greenville
South Carolina
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to/from Greenville/Clemson on game day?

I suspect that you have already found out the answers to your questions, but I am answering in case someone else is looking here for answers to the same questions. Clemson IS a good 45 minute drive from Greenville, so I would think that Uber or a cab would be exceedingly expensive, not to mention that they would likely have to drop you somewhere too far away from campus, or perhaps in downtown, but the traffic would, again, make the ride even more expensive. There are other options, however, including the CAT (Clemson Area Transit) bus, which has a mush larger range than it used to, and might be able to deposit you somewhere on campus. You probably want to check Clemson's web site, specifically under topics such as "football, parking, and getting around on game day" to find more helpful information.

Mentioned in this post
Clemson
Clemson
South Carolina
Greenville
Greenville
South Carolina
Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
563 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to/from Greenville/Clemson on game day?

Your best bet is going to be to rent a car & drive in yourself. I have had season tickets for 20 years, and I can honestly say I have not seen a taxi or Uber around town or on campus on game day. The CAT busses generally do not run on football game days because they are used as shuttle busses from the outer parking lots and for the handicapped to the stadium. How bad traffic will be going to the game depends on the time of kickoff. For a noon kick, traffic is horrendous going in. We live 2.5 hours away, and for a noon or 1 pm kickoff we will leave home at 6 am to get to our parking space by 10 am. For a 4pm or later kickoff, the traffic tends to dribble in (rather than all go in at one time like for a noon kick) so traffic is not as bad going in - in those games the traffic jams are in leaving. You want to get onto campus at least 4 hours before kickoff anyway to soak in the atmosphere and tailgating scene (and you will be invited to join in on some tailgates). There are some local churches across from campus that rent parking spaces on game days but you will need to those very early to get one. Almost all of the on campus parking is reserved for season ticket holders who also donate to IPTAY to get a right to one of those spaces (the more you donate, the closer you can park to the stadium). There are a couple of lots for general parking on the perimeter of campus but those fill quickly especially for big games.

A visit to Death Valley is a great experience. Welcome!

3. Re: Transportation to/from Greenville/Clemson on game day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2018, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Greenville