We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Barony Beach Club

Bellevue, Kentucky
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Barony Beach Club

Any idea how badly the Marriott was damaged? Plans to go week of October 8th. Don't want to make plane reservations until I know if the resort and beach are in good conditions.

13 replies to this topic
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
2,907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Barony Beach Club

In 2016 following Hurricane Matthew, many Marriott Vacation Club members at Marriott Barony Beach Club were placed in other Marriott Vacation Club Properties.

Expect phone lines to Marriott Vacation Club to be jammed.

As owners, we do have an up-coming reservation at Marriott Barony Beach Club, and we have our flights and rental car reserved.

We have 100% confidence that Marriott Vacation Club will provide a suitable holiday experience at one of their many properties

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,470 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Barony Beach Club

bchs1980 hopefully someone will come in and answer your question. Being a few weeks away, you should be ok.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Barony Beach Club

I would contact The Barony Beach Club directly and ask what the conditions are. The area where Barony is located was hit hard by Hurricane Matthew in October 2016. By December 2016, I still witnessed so much devastation with trees lining the streets waiting to be picked up and and fences down, along with tarps on homes. I just cried when I saw it all!! Very sad!!!

Bellevue, Kentucky
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Barony Beach Club

thanks all. Our friends who have the reservations and we will be visiting, said to go ahead and book our flights!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Barony Beach Club

I hope you will enjoy your trip and everything will be open and looking beautiful.We may visit again in December when my kids have college break.Happy travels!

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
2,907 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Barony Beach Club

We shall be taking a two week HHI Holiday in October, and received the following--

Today's News from a HHI Business:

A few days ago, we were uncertain about the course Irma would take and how we would be impacted here in the Lowcountry. We just wanted to report in that thankfully, Hilton Head Island and the Bluffton/ Beaufort areas felt very little impact from the storm. The sun is shining, the temperatures are in the 80s and we are looking forward to the beautiful fall season!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,470 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott Barony Beach Club

Again, hope someone comes in and answers your question about the Marriott.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
152 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott Barony Beach Club

we're at Surf Watch now - did you call the Marriott hotline? Surf Watch is business as usual, just went to Kroger's and Fresh Market. Everything seems as usual (though we haven't been to Sea PInes). Barony is near Surf Watch, expect they are fine, but I can bike over there tomorrow and talk to them, if you want.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriott Barony Beach Club

Thank you that would be much appreciated to know how they fared in the storm.

warren, nj
Level Contributor
310 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marriott Barony Beach Club

This is true and I would suggest contacting Barony Beach Club. We have a house a short distance away, not there now- we're part timers heading down soon. From all that Ive heard this area was spared, just a little flooding , which has receded and a few branches down. Unlike Hurricane Matthew which slammed us.

Reply to: Marriott Barony Beach Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head