We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is HH a match for us?

northwest
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Is HH a match for us?

Hello, We are 3 women in our late 50's who want to get away . what we enjoy are , beach bars, live bands, good food, biking, shopping ( not malls) meeting people and dancing in fun beach/dive bars.

Places we love are Anna Maria Island, Tybee, New Smyrna beach, Key West,

Thanks for any help

6 replies to this topic
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
2,977 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is HH a match for us?

Hilton Head Island certainly can meet your interests, and so much more....

New Jersey
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is HH a match for us?

I think you'd love it here! What time of year were you thinking of going? HHI does have seasons (so cool in winter and not as much activity). Personally, I love what we call the "shoulder seasons" of April-May and and Sept-Oct (though I'd caution about hurricanes in Sept). Weather (except aforementioned hurricanes) is usually pretty nice and kids are still in school :)

Ohio
Level Contributor
207 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is HH a match for us?

I think you will find plenty of everything you are describing on HHI. The temps are wonderful right now, and the humidity is low. Hope you girls have a wonderful time!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,581 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is HH a match for us?

Good advise from #2 & 3. HH is a match!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is HH a match for us?

We are officially in the "off season" and went to the roof top bar at Poseidon tonight. It was pretty lively, had a fashion show going, lots of action. Pretty good for a "dead season" ;)

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is HH a match for us?

Hilton Head is an upscale but casual beach destination. You won't find blocks of fair food and tacky souvenir shops here. The beaches are beautiful, the people are friendly and the biking trails are awesome. Strict zoning laws keep the island looking pristine and uncluttered. During the next month or so there are some great festivals in the area celebrating food, drink, art & culture. You can also kayak, or do a dolphin or sunset cruise. No malls here, but many boutiques, outlets, and stores like Belk, Steinmart, TJ Max, etc. Restaurants galore and even the pricier places accept a casual dress code.

Reply to: Is HH a match for us?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head
Recent Conversations