We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay Aug 10 - 15th

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Where to Stay Aug 10 - 15th

We will be traveling to HHI Aug 10 - Aug 15 and would like to stay on the beach. Have been looking at the Hilton and Forest Beach. Looks like Forest Beach is better for walking to shopping etc. The Hilton looks great but price is high $225. Any sugestions....

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay Aug 10 - 15th

go to priceline and put in 4-star resort for $100 per night --- you will either get the Hilton, Westin, or Marriott. At that price, all are good

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
656 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay Aug 10 - 15th

I have found it's more cost effective to rent a condo or villa while there. You will have all the perks and be on the beach. Prices do go down for rentals after the 15th. There are many re rental places that can do 5 days and not 7-$225 is steep for a hotel but it is the busy season there.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay Aug 10 - 15th

The following websites advertise private villas:

www.vrbo.com

www.homeaway.com

www.vactionrentals.com

Also, try a timeshare. Check: www.TUG2.net (Timeshare User's Group)

Go onto the bulletin board forum (can be a guest), and go to the "renting, buying, exchanging" forum. From there go to "Rentals Wanted" and "Rentals Offered". The weeks cannot exceed $100/day - all are weeks from timeshare owners who cannot use their week and are trying to cover maintenance fees.

Good luck.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay Aug 10 - 15th

Actually, when you go to www.TUG2.net,

just go to the bulletin board and then scroll down about half way and you'll see the rentals offered/wanted forums.

Eastern Kentucky
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay Aug 10 - 15th

If you're on facebook, check out the Hilton Head facebook page:

www.facebook.com/home.php?#/hiltonhead?ref=nf

There are often owners there trying to rent their villas. Furthermore, the person in charge of the facebook page will help you find a deal. That's how I found the place I'm renting.

Bird in Hand...
Level Contributor
76 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay Aug 10 - 15th

I would also like to recommend

http://www.forestbeachrentals.com/

We have used these folks previously, and will renting one of their properties in August. Very personal friendly sevice, great customer service.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
656 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay Aug 10 - 15th

I use resortquest and I know they do 5 day rentals on some properties.

8. Re: Where to Stay Aug 10 - 15th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 14:34
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head