We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forest Beach question

New York
Level Contributor
915 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Forest Beach question

We are staying at the Breakers........is the beach there nice? does it get crowded? is it considered the "public beach"? Thanks for the advice :)

KY
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Forest Beach question

We stayed at the Breakers ages ago when are kids were little. As it is located there in the Coligny area and the public access to the beach is right there, it does get crowded on the beach, especially June, July to mid-August or so. When we were at HH last summer mid-June we rode our bikes down to Coligny from Palmetto Dunes and came back on the beach, the people were so thick on the beach along that stretch you couldn't shake a stick at em!! Of course, this is just my opinion, LOL!

Bird in Hand...
Level Contributor
76 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forest Beach question

We have stayed in a beach house in the north forest beach area, on two seperate occasions. This is a "public beach" area. However, I wouldnt call it crowded by any means. In fact, on some days (usually mid week), it was as though we had the entire beach to ourselves. The beaches were always clean and safe.

I think that the area near the "central" forest beach area is more crowded. But, I am also comparing this area to our local NJ beaches such as Wildwood, Ocean City, or Cape May. Those beaches are crowded by anyone's definition. The beaches on HHI seem desolate in comparison...thats why we like to go there for our family vacation!

3. Re: Forest Beach question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head