We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Dunes

Natick, MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Dunes

We're planning our second trip to HHI in April, and staying at Royal Dunes. Has anyone stayed there recently? How is the weather in April?

Boston
Level Contributor
833 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Dunes

Have not stayed at Royal Dunes, however, have been to HHI the end of April, one of my favorite times of the year. We had sunny weather in the 70s during the day and low 60s at night. Great weather to be outdoors

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Dunes

We stayed at Royal Dunes 2 yrs in a row in Oct and Nov. It's a lovely complex. Very clean. Friendly employees. All units are 3 br. It's a nice walk to the beach. 2 of the 4 buildings had finished makeovers last Oct and the 3rd bldg was soon to start. Even in an older building, we had no complaints with the furnishings or beds. The pool is heated. Activities are plentiful. The wine and cheese one afternoon was very nice and almost a meal. The welcome breakfast also was a nice meal. Have a great time.

Natick, MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Dunes

Thanks so much! Sounds like we picked a great resort!

Natick, MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Dunes

May daughter and I were hoping for beach weather, but my sons would rather be on the golf course anyway! Thanks for the post!

Edited: 25 January 2010, 19:53
Boston
Level Contributor
833 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Dunes

I drop the golfers in my family off at the golf course, on my way to the beach. No matter what the weather it will be better than New England weather at that time. We drove last spring and my only request was the beach chair had to fit in the car.

Natick, MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Dunes

Haha...you're right ! I'm putting my beach chair on the packing list :)

Boston
Level Contributor
833 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Dunes

You can buy a beach chair at WalMart when you arrive for not that much money, some resorts also rent them for the week. I really love my beach chair so reminded the golfers they could take all the equipment they could fit in the car,however, my chair had to fit in or they had to get rid of some golf stuff. I also bought staples at home like cereal, crackers, cookies, paper products etc as it was cheaper then buying on the island. I took as much as I could fit in 2 boxes.

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Dunes

You don't need beach towels. When we were there in Oct, the resort had good size pool towels but we also took them to the beach.

9. Re: Royal Dunes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head