We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you see fireworks from South Forest Beach?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can you see fireworks from South Forest Beach?

This is the first time that we've visited HHI over July 4th. We are staying oceanfront on South Forest Beach. Does anyone know if there are fireworks visible from the beach near Coligny Plaza or will we have to get into the Sea Pines/Shelter Cove rat race to see anything. Thanks!

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you see fireworks from South Forest Beach?

I am in Shipyard and could not see (but could hear) last Tuesday's fireworks at Shelter Cove. I am surrounded by trees, and was not on the beach. So, I don't really know the answer to your question, but I do think the tree canopy can be an obstacle in seeing happenings in the sky.

And yep, both locations will be crowded on the 4th, so if you plan to go, go early.

Joanne

Daufuskie Island
Level Contributor
725 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you see fireworks from South Forest Beach?

South Forest Beach will not have a view of the HHI fireworks. Tybee maybe, but that's a long way off.

You'll need to drive to either Harbourtown, Shelter Cove or Skull Creek for one of the big fireworks shows.

Ideally, take a fireworks cruise on one of the tour boats. It might be too late to book a reservation.

I'll be watching Harbourtown from my front row seat on Daufuskie Island!

-Jeff

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you see fireworks from South Forest Beach?

We've decided to take the Harbourtown route for the fireworks. I've read that the 18th hole is a coveted spot to view fireworks. Couple of additional questions:

1. Can we bring your own chairs or is seating provided?

2. What is the best reasonably priced restaurant for both dining and fireworks viewing?

Thanks!

Ohio
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you see fireworks from South Forest Beach?

If you are staying at South Forest beach I would suggest picking up Stu's Subs and taking a picnic with you to watch the fireworks. Stu's Subs is located in Coligny Plaza and their subs are large enough to feed two but they are so good you may want a whole one to your self. I highly recommend them. And now they are open later (maybe till 7pm? )

5. Re: Can you see fireworks from South Forest Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 13:15