We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do if it rains (with a 20 month old)

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
238 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do if it rains (with a 20 month old)

It looks like the two days we are in town, it's going to rain. Any suggestions on things to do with a 20 month old?

3 replies to this topic
Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
942 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do if it rains (with a 20 month old)

Well, just because it's saying it's going to rain does not mean it will or that it will last all day. Don't get too depressed yet!

But if it does, here are some ideas:

-Ripley's Aquarium! Great rainy day activity for little ones! Took our oldest their for her first birthday!

-Children's Museum of South Carolina, limited for the younger ones but we took our oldest when she was about 22 months and she had fun :)

-Kidzone Bounce House in Inlet Square mall, again, it's limited for the younger ones but they still have a large play area and at least one bounce house dedicated for the younger kids, just try to avoid on Saturday because they have tons of birthday parties there that day!

-Fun Warehouse on Hwy 544

-Bowling, I know of two, one in Surfside Beach and one just across the waterway.

Although California Pizza Game Zone and Dave and Buster's are good rainy day activities, your 20 month old might be a bit overwhelmed. Our oldest is now 4 1/2 and she was not a huge fan of either when we went to them for b-day parties recently. The Game Zone is a little "tamer". Dave and Buster's was just over the top with the noise and flashing lights. I actually felt a bit overwhelmed.

Mentioned in this post
Ripley's Aquarium
Ripley's Aquarium
7,844 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Children's Museum of South Carolina
Children's Museum of...
226 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Fun Warehouse
Fun Warehouse
101 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Surfside Beach
Surfside Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
238 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do if it rains (with a 20 month old)

Thanks! The first two for sure.. I am not so sure about the bounce house.

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
942 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do if it rains (with a 20 month old)

I more mentioned that one because they do have a large area with toys. They have large building blocks, play kitchen, pull toys, the little push cars, etc. It would be good if you really do get washed out and are getting cabin fever!

We haven't been to WonderWorks yet because I have heard that there is not much for the little ones. Now that our kids are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2, we may try to go this winter when they do a local special.

Mentioned in this post
WonderWorks
WonderWorks
2,087 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Reply to: Things to do if it rains (with a 20 month old)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted